3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 12:25 AM by goodplay

Why once I install my driver for my graphics card and restart it crashes randomly?

ultrascotz

Hello I am here for a problem with my graphics card.

I put the graphics card into my PC everything going smoothly. I then go to the AMD website and download the AMD auto detect and it picks up my graphics card and installs the driver that is needed, then it shows up that the installation of the driver was successful. I can even look at the view log to see everything, yep just like it said everything is in place according to the view log then it asks me to restart. I do the restart and then log back in and here is where I start to run into the problem. It crashes at any moment whether it be that I'm sitting on the desktop, browser or most commonly when I launch games or just randomly.

It happens the most when I launch games it will crash in the loading screen most likely and the very few time that I do get passed the loading screen. It's not long before it crashes.

Things that I have tried;

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) - to clear all traces of past drivers and packages. Reinstalled the driver that AMD auto correct has given me 10 times. Manually installing the driver. Monitored the graphics card for

overheating it’s not over heating.

I really don’t know what is wrong with it and Fallout 4 draws near and I really need some serious help by people that know what they are doing I have not had a working PC for a good couple months you can understand my frustration thank you.

PC specs;

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

System type: 64- bit Operating System x64-based processor

OP: Windows 8.1

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87-HD3

Graphics card: Radeon Sapphire Nitro R9 380