AnsweredAssumed Answered

amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit does not install CCC. Says file not found.

Question asked by wisper77 on Oct 26, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 by kingfish

When I run the install manager, it says "File Not Found: Catalyst Install Manager" or something close to that. Then it continues on to the end and seems to install everything else. The drivers seem to be installed because  games run great. The installer creates a folder called WUCCC2 in my C: drive, in an AMD folder, with an app called WULauncher.exe (which has the CCC icon, but does nothing when opened). There are also folders called AMD and ATI in Programs folder, and an AMD folder in the Programs (86) folder.

First, I guess I should ask where the heck is CCC supposed to be. Why are there so many amd associated folders?

Second, how do I uninstall EVERYTHING so I can try a fresh install? The uninstall option from windows' control center doesn't work, it never deletes anything.

Third, if the above doesn't work, how can I get WULauncher to actually run something?

I'm sure I'm missing some vital information in this explanation, but the basics are:

I had this problem before with Windows 7, and JUST upgraded to windows 10, with the problem following.

MSI ATI HD 5700 series graphics card

AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor, 3.3 Ghz

8 gb ram

64bit

Thanks!

Outcomes