AnsweredAssumed Answered

Please provide drivers even if support is discontinued

Question asked by angryuser on Oct 2, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 by kingfish

Hi AMD folks,

Looking for a Radeon Xpress 1100 driver, I was unable to find anything on your support site. Reading this page I've come to conclude that its support is discontinued. A good move from your side would be to provide such discontinued drivers as archive contents for people like me who might still need it. And package it with some sort of disclaimer about support being discontinued, In no event shall we be liable for any damages or you coffee being cold or blah blah, if it makes the communication guys feel better.

What's confusing is that it's still mentioned in the drop-down lists on the manual selection page. If I go through the whole process, selecting this very "Radeon Xpress 1100" entry in the list, I then have to download a near 100-MB file then install a full CCC suite, only to be told that no driver could've been found matching my system. Looking into the installer, there is indeed no mention of "Xpress 1100" in the .inf files. That means the 1100 driver is definitely not delivered while I expressly asked for it. That is terribly frustrating.

My only chance now is to look for unoffical sources, which implies potential risk for infection.

Another thing: why do you force users to install CCC, although it's not required for the drivers to work? Turns out you can extract the driver files from the installer, but not everyone knows how to do that. Why this lack of transparency?

I doubt my plea will be fulfilled, but my opinion deserves to be heard. So here it is.

Outcomes