1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 7:32 AM by amdmatt

Why do you offer support when it is clearly obvious AMD doesn't care?

gremlin416

Why does AMD offer technical support when they clearly couldn't care less?  A month ago, I turned in a service ticket for help with my AMD R7-240 graphics card and the updated driver.  My computer would lock up during game play and would have to do a hard reboot to bring the system back up.  I've answered every inquiry to the best of my ability and still no help so I was forced to purchase another card and basically waste my money on a card not even 2 years old.

Does anyone else have this problem getting simple answers from this company?

1. When did you first experience this issue on your system?

After the driver download on or around the first week of August of this year.

2. Have you made any hardware change?

No

3.  Have you uninstalled the old driver and reinstall the new driver properly?

Yes, but the AMD Evolved Gaming automatically reinstalled the  newer driver.

4.  What’s the old driver version which your system works fine?

•    5.  What O.S. (32 bit or 64 bit) and driver version you’re using?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and the current driver is 15.200.1062.1004

[mailto:tech.support@amd.com]

Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:50 AM

To: robert.hunnicutt@cox.net

Subject: AMD Service Notice:{ticketno:[8200652557]}

Dear Robert,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200652557]} has been reviewed
      and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

I understand that you after your drivers were automatically updated on your
      Windows 7 system, the screen began locking up during game play with a variety
      of online games.

For better assistance I would like to put few quations as below:

1. When did you first experience this issue on your system

2. Have you made any hardware change?

3. Have you uninstalled the old driver and reinstall the new driver properly?

Please go through below links to uninstall and reinstall procedure for AMD
      Graphics drivers.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/catalyst-windows-install.aspx 

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

4. Whats the old driver version over which your system works fine?

5.Which O.S (32 bit or 64 bit ) and driver version you using?

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service
      request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care
      and not part of a campaign.  There is no need to unsubscribe to this email
      as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service
      from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes
      only.  AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the
      accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to
      change such information at any time, with or without notice.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Original Text

1. robert.hunnicutt@cox.net
          <robert.hunnicutt@cox.net>

To:

1. tech.support@amd.com
          <tech.support@amd.com>;tech.support2@amd.com
          <tech.support2@amd.com>

CC:

Sent:

1. 26.08.15 09:55:54

Subject:

AMD updated driver causing problems

Recently after my drivers were automatically updated on my Windows 7 system, my
      screen began locking up during game play with a variety of online games. I have
      attempted to roll back to the last available driver with no luck and have even
      attempted to use the original driver disc that came with my R7 240 card. My
      computer has over 430 gigs of hard drive space, 9 gig's of RAM, uses a Quad 4 I
      7 Intel processor. I'm at my wits end, please help!

• Re: Why do you offer support when it is clearly obvious AMD doesn't care?
          amdmatt

Hi Robert Hunnicutt,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the level of support you received. If you still need help please let me know and i will do my best to assist you with any problems you might be facing.

I managed to locate your existing support tickets. If you do not reply within 10 days then the ticket gets closed so when you started a new ticket we had no reference of your old ticket. I'm going to personally respond to your current ticket now, please let me know if there is anything else i can help you with.

Thanks,

Matt