6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 10:44 AM by xfxsupport

XFX R7870 black screen

jacobireese

my card was fine until a week ago when it started to get some screen flickers, then about 3 days ago I was playing M.G.R and it crashed with a sound loop. After restarting I was greeted with a black screen after the windows 10 logo. the only way to get passed the black screen issue is to disable the amd raedon 7800 series drivers     . i already tried using older drivers but the problem occurres with any driver version. At this point I think it is hardware but I don't want to believe it.

• Re: XFX R7870 black screen
          kingfish

Maybe xfxsupport can be of assistance He is one of our valued members.

jacobireese

its either him or a gtx760

kingfish

""its either him or a gtx760""

I'm sure that remark will make you friends

I recommend any book by Dale Carnegie....

jacobireese

yes as in I either fix this card or use a card a friend is willing to sell to me for a very good price, still I rather not spend money if this card can be fixed

xfxsupport

Hey Jacob,

We're sorry you are having issues with your 7870.  Depending on your region, this card may still be covered under warranty.  Have you created a ticket at xfxsupport.com?

As you mentioned,Windows crashes if the AMD drivers are installed.  This definitely sounds video card related, however, it doesn't exclude many other factors which could cause this. 

Have you already tried a different graphics card? Power Supply? If you can test the Nvidia card, that would rule out a few things quickly.

If it is only a simple driver issue, you may want to try this.  If not, simply create a support ticket and shoot me a PM or reply here.  Thank you

----------------------------------------------

Tutorial for proper driver installation.

1-Load windows with only your primary graphics card plugged in.

2-Disable any and ALL anti-virus/malware protection.

3-Download and Run the 15.7 (or latest) drivers from AMD.com (Omega drivers do not have Uninstall built in, you have to do it through add/remove, which is okay)

4-Choose to Uninstall/express (may not be available in newest version, download an older version) the existing drivers, and AMD folder

5-Restart the computer.

6-Disable any and ALL anti-virus/malware protection.

7-Run the 15.7 drivers from AMD.com

8-Choose to Install/Express the drivers

9-Restart.  Confirm settings are working in windows.

10-Shutdown and add 2nd/3rd cards for Xfire.

11-Respond to this ticket if you have any further questions

** If you have nvidia drivers on your computer, you might need to run the Uninstall feature of Nvidias driver as well.

xfxsupport

preparing a DC styled comment....