I did not have any random bluescreens on my system, but I did run into the issue with HDMI audio not working.
- Athlon II X4 630 (Propus)
- GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P
- XFX Radeon HD 5770 ( model: HD-577A-ZNFC )
- 12GB DDR3 Memory
- Windows 7 Pro ( 64-bit )
The fix I found is to modify which HDMI audio driver was being used. The solution is takes the following steps when using windows 7 only. ( Other versions not tested ).
- Open up the Device Manager.
- expand the "Sound, video, and game controllers" entry in the tree. You should get a list looking something like this...
- Right click on the entry titled "AMD High Definition Audio Device", and click on "Properties" of this device.
- Click on the driver tab.
- At this point, you should see something like this:
This is a screenshot where I have the driver that is not working installed.
- If you have the driver that is not working installed, simply click the "Roll Back Driver" button, and windows will take care of the rest, and you should be back to the old driver that works, and in my case, the screenshot of this driver details page is as follows...