AnsweredAssumed Answered

computer freeze when wathing twitch.tv and playing leage of legends windows 10 r9 280x

Question asked by spirevipp on Aug 13, 2015

as title says, my computer will completely freeze when i try to watch something on twitch.tv, and when i try to play league of legends. It also looks like it freezes when any Adobe software is running. I have tried a fresh install, and everything works until i install the latest driver from amd. Right after i have performed the clean install, everything works as it should. When i restart the computer after the freeze, i get no error messages, and cant find any error log saying anything about the freeze. After  hours of uninstalling other software and drivers, i am almost completely sure its the amd driver which crashes the computer.

my second suspicion is the driver for my network adaptor TP-LINK wdn4800

PC specs:

asus m5a97e2.0

amd fx 8350 @4.3GHz

corsair hydro h100i liquid cooler

gigabyte r9 280x @stock

samsung 850 evo 250GB ssd w/ Windows 10

ocz 120GB ssd

seagate barracuda green 2TB HDD

TP-LINK wdn4800

please forgive bad english, its not my native language.

Edit:

i connected my 6 year old usb wifi card, and have not had any freeze yet. i think i can confirm its not any problem with amd drivers.

the problem is the tp-link wdn4800 network adapter. hope tp-link will release some updated drivers soon

Edit 2:

Nope. previous assumption was not correct. pc froze around 15 minutes later. problem remains unsolved.

Message was edited by: Bjørnar Helgeland

Outcomes