5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 11:41 AM by canis-x

Star Wars: Battlefront - Closed Alpha

maxxhew

So luckily I was selected to participate in the Star Wars: Battlefront - Closed Alpha.  I have to say... this is a great game already, even though it is still in the very early stages.  I have been playing in the multiplayer area of the game, if I remember correctly it is a 20 vs. 20 player style.  The Closed Alpha was made available early morning July 2nd.  Mostly everything has been running smooth, and the game video/audio is awesome.  There has been only 1 time that the server started rubberbanding and became very laggy... I ended up logging off for a bit.  When I returned about an hour later everything was back to smooth operation.  I have been playing this game on a single 1080p monitor at the recommended/suggested settings that were set when I first logged in... they are all at the High level (Single GPU - SAPPhIRE R9-285 DualX OC).  FPS has been very playable and smooth... FRAPS showed anywhere from 30, up to around 200 FPS, I paid little attention to that because I was just concerned with the game and playing it, and we were told not to record/stream.  I may have broken that rule... but nobody will ever know, because it will not be posted for public view.  Anyways... I highly suggest you put this game on your wish list, you will not be disappointed, I guarantee it.  If anyone wants to see screenshots... I think I'm allowed to post those without breaking their EULA, just let me know and I will try to post some here if I can.  AWESOME GAME!!!

• Re: Star Wars: Battlefront - Closed Alpha
          traceman

MR. MAXXHEW!

Hey a there are quite a few members here that are also members of Gaming Tribe. AMD is one of their sponsors. We can post links and all that sort of thing on there. It is a really cool place where High Performance Enthusiasts and Gamers go to enter to win the latest and hottest games and hardware. You are encouraged to post links to things such as this over there. Especially things such as what you have told us about here.

Here is a link to Gaming Tribe. I don't work for them or anything like that. I am just another member. I actually am a member from Mass Luminosity; the ones that created and manage Gaming Tribe. You will find some very cool stuff there.

https://www.gamingtribe.com/profile/Traceman/    or   Log In - Gaming Tribe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              maxxhew

I'm a member at the G Tribe already.  That is a cool site as well.  I haven't posted anything there yet though... I like the Red Team website better because I have gamed with and follow some of the staff/streamers/YouTubers here.  It seems to me that there is more of a community feeling here... G Tribe seems more commercial.  Anyways thanks for the info. BTW - I sent you a friend request over there...

traceman

I really like The RED Team too. I build pure AMD Gaming Machines and this has been a great place to hang out. I have been busy with Windows 10 and my AMD/Asus CVF-Z, AMD/Asus HD7900 series card, along with my FX8350 Black Edition - clocked (on air) are running smooth as silk. I am using the Windows 8.1 Omega drivers for my USB, SATA and chipsets. And I am using the latest CCC Beta drivers for my card. This thing runs perfect. I allowed that cFOS Traffic Shaping software and driver screw up my Windows 8.1 SSD side by upgrading that software. I haven't had  time to fool with the BSOD issue due to that driver and the mini-port adapters it adds (for no apparent reason) I did figure out how to remove the mini-port drivers that are a result of that issue.

Anyhow, Ive been busy and needing to utilize my computer and I have been running Windows 10 with the above drivers and overclocking both the CPU and GPU - with a fan curve added into GPU Tweak seamlessly. I don't need that cFOS anyhow. I have an Asus PCE - AC68 dual band Wi-Fi adapter (PCIe wtriple antenna's)  on here.  And I  have the ASUS 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router. Well with those I can enable "Beamforming" which really cranks up my coverage and bandwidth on particular channels. Well, I am rambling on here. I cant wait for DX12 games so I can see how my FX CPU and HD7900 series card take advantage of it on Windows 10 Pro. I wish I had that dad-burn NANO card or even one of the R9 cards.

I am bragging a little because I love this stuff. I spared you the details on my cooling solution, case, G.Skill RAM, Corsair AX1200 PSU and SSD;s

I was just watching the AMD twitch thing today. They are having giveaways tomorrow and the next day between 2:00 and 4:00 CST

LOL, sorry man. I am having fun. Not many people get off to this stuff like we do. Glad to talk with you. I hope to continue communicating. Have a great day!

Okay, I just re-read your message. I will find the friends request. I was going to do the same thing. You beat me to it. See you around. Oh, I want them to fix Batman Arkham Nights too. Cant wait...

maxxhew

I was watching the AMD stream today also... didn't really like that game much, I guess if we aren't playing it that can be boring.  BUT... the graphics in that game were very nice.  I don't even remember the title... but it looked almost like real life video, and not a game.  I'd like to have one of those 390 8gb from the stream today... but I only have 1080p monitors so it may be a bit overkill, but that's not really all too bad.  Cya.

canis-x

Looks like a cool site, just joined it.  Thanks for the recommendation!

I also sent you a friend request just now.