6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 2:51 PM by mackbolan777

The elusive Dirt Rally Unique ID / Coupon Code...

davereed

Went to Best Buy this morning for a new graphics card. I chose the more expensive $140 XFX Radeon R7-360 because it came with free Dirt Rally game, otherwise I would have bought the $90 GeForce Nvidia GeForce card.

Best Buy tells me I have to go to AMD for the Unique ID/Coupon Code to get the game, and AMD game site tells me that I have to get the code from Best Buy.

How do I get my Dirt Rally  game, or must I return this for a refund?

• Re: The elusive Dirt Rally Unique ID / Coupon Code...
          snojetsst

You need to go to the XFX website and register your card (Requires creating an account, yada yada)  You will need your personal activation key on the warranty warranty slip you got with the card.  Then they assign you a coupon code, then you go to amd.com/dirtrally and follow directions to create an account and redeem that code,  then they give you a Steam activation key, which means you need to install steam if you dont have it already, and create ANOTHer account. Then you get your Dirt Rally.   You decide if it's worth it.  I did it because I already have Steam.

Cornugon

The voucher should have been included in the box. If it's not there even though Best Buy promised it would have come with the card, then Best Buy is my Best Bet to solve this mess.

By the way: I don't know which $90 Geforce card you're referring to, but if you mean the GT 740: the R7 360 is ages better and faster than that one...

Go see the terms & conditions on the following page. The retailer is responsible to ensure you get the code:

https://www.amd4u.com/dirtrally/files/DiRT-Rally-TCs_FINALAPPROVED.pdf

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                snojetsst

Except..... Best buy does NOT promise that.  It says right on the packaging that you need to visit the AMD website for details on how to get the code.  In fact, when I checked out, the cashier showed me the URL to visit on the packaging to get my game code.  The issue I have is that you have to jump through several hoops to get it.  However, I have been playing it and it is definitely worth it.  I even dusted of my Logitech MOMO and hooked it up. 

That's how I got it anyways.     As far as cards are concerned.  I opted for the 180 dollar   R7 370  and it seems to work really well, at least for my needs. 

amd_chris

Please follow what Cornugon posted regarding the claim procedure. As even though this is an AMD promotion, XFX is the "final stop" for any issues with getting the Unique ID/Coupon Code with the XFX/BestBuy offer which you got.

mackbolan777

Ok, so the real skinny on this is, Best Buy is the one causing the issue by not issuing a code at checkout & not informing the customer period about how to get the game. My cashier looked at me like I was from Mars & the sales team has no idea. 4 months ago I bought the XFX R9390 & have been trying to get the game ever since. I may get a code from Best Buy today, they sent one a day ago & it was expired! AMD's tech support is not helpful in any way about the issue, yet  AMD in the PDF below, says that they are the promoters. This all makes for one confusing deal on how to obtain the free game. Chris is dead wrong about XFX or any other maker. They tell you to come here for answers. AMD tells you to provide a code OR receipt, as the "hardware scan" doesn't find my totally AMD based PC. I did that about 4-5 times to no avail & got an email from AMD today, stating it is the retailer's problem & they have no intent, not that they can't, give a game code to a customer even after receipt verification that takes up to 48 hours. So why even have that option? Why make a promotion so frustrating it makes me not want another AMD anything?

I build PC's as a small business & I have 2 customers in the same pickle. They look to me for answers as to why no free game & I have no clear answer, except to call Best Buy Corp. Office at: 888-237-8289, keep asking for an operator & the machine will get you to a person. You will get bumped to another agent who will tell "back office" & they will email you a code within 48 hours. This call takes about 2 hours to complete, so set time aside. Hopefully, they give you a code that is valid & life can go on. Give up on AMD for help, they don't care. I'm sure they'll pull this post so grab that number while you can. A class action law suit is the only true solution to getting those responsible for this debauchery of a promotion held accountable. Look at all the hours put in & my business reputation on the line over a promotion that wasn't planned out so well.

mackbolan777

Ok, now off the phone with Best Buy again & will supposedly get a code very soon. So anyone who is having an issue getting a free game after buying an AMD anything promo from Best Buy in the store, use that number above & ask for a "customer relations rep. about a store". This will take your call down to about 30 minutes & then wait 24-48 hours for a code in your email. Best Buy claims they are working on this issue, the rep I spoke with was not too concerned, so don't get your hopes up on this being permanently being resolved until perhaps the next promo. That number will work with an online purchase as well. Number for Best Buy Office again: 888-237-8289

Follow those instructions to a "t" & you will wind up talking to the right dept. Hope this helps all.