We are pleased to announce the availability of AMD APP Profiler v2.5. For more information, please visit the product page at: http://developer.amd.com/TOOLS/AMDAPPPROFILER/Pages/default.aspx
New features and updates in this version include:
- Support for AMD APP SDK v2.7.
- Support for OpenCL™ 1.2.
- Support for collecting performance counters on APU devices.
- Full support for profiling with AMD Radeon™ HD7000 series GPUs based on Graphics Core Next/Southern Islands:
- Added support for kernel occupancy analysis.
- Added support for collecting performance counters for DirectCompute (DirectX 11) applications.
- Addition of SALUBusy counter.
- Fixed value reported for VALUBusy counter.
- The values reported for LDSFetchInsts and LDSWriteInsts counters were inaccurate on AMD Radeon™ HD7000 series GPUs; thus for those GPUs, those two counters have been replaced by a single LDSInsts counter.
- Fixed display of kernel ISA.
- Improved OpenCL™ analysis module:
- Added detection of deprecated OpenCL™ APIs.
- Added support for showing source and destination location, as well as zero-copy status for memory transfers initiated using clEnqueueMapBuffer or clEnqueueMapImage. This information is displayed in the API Trace view.
- Added support for Microsoft® Visual Studio® projects that use User-defined Macros in the project settings.
- Fixed the --workingdirectory (-w) command line switch (set current directory) on Linux.
- Fixed some problems with importing previously-generated profile results into Microsoft® Visual Studio®.
- Changed the default installation directory on Windows to %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\AMD\AMD APP Profiler to make it more consistent with other AMD tools (i.e gDEBugger and CodeAnalyst)
Please post any feedback here.