corry

Am I stupid with IL macros or what?

Discussion created by corry on Sep 15, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 16, 2011 by corry

Obviously, standard IL/Open CL statements apply....

I'm seriously questioning the integrity of the installed software base on this machine now. 

Here's a simple example, no need for attached code...

il_cs_2_0
mdef(0)_out(1)_in(1)
iand out0, r1, r2
mend
mcall(0) (r5), (r8)
ret
end

This results in the error message "Unknown Error Compiler Shader"

***?  Try putting in endmain, just for fun, same result. 

Get rid out out0 and just replace it with r0, everything is happy!, try adding a line then, mov out0, r0, "Unknown Error Compiler Shader" again....ok, so it's like the  output params don't work, fine, lets try the inputs, change the above line from iand r0, in0, r2 and you guessed it "Unknown Error Compiler Shader". 

Just to make sure, I uninstalled anything that said AMD or ATi, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and tried again.  Exact same results.  Originally I started with a byteswap macro, so I can look later and see if I can come up with a clever combination of logical and "multimedia" instructions to do the same for me later, then I started cutting stuff down, till I emptied it, and everything was happy again...then got to what I posted...

Am I missing something really obvious?  It sure feels like I am...

Just for the sake of reference, I did decide to check if I had the latest IL doc, I didn't, so I'm now using the v2.3 from July 2011, tried the example code (with some minor fixes so it wouldn't spit out text interpretation errors....switch to lower case, and remove an erreonous comma...), and I get the same error...

Outcomes