Maybe You should start with compiling a sample projects which are included in a samples directory?
I think that problem is with lack of AMD.cpp file in your project. You should compile brook file (.br) with external compilator (brcc.exe) first and add the output cpp file to the project.
Hi there, I don't think that's the problem in this case. I've got a file brook.br which has successfully compiled into brook.cpp which has been added to the project. brook.cpp also successfully compiles but the linker fails after this with the LNK1181 error.
This is a known issue which is believed to be fixed in the next release of the SDK.
Micah, thanks - that's good to know.
I seem to have resolved the issue now. Here's how for anyone else with the same issue...
Open up the hello_brook project and make sure it builds. If you get an error saying windows.h wasn't found then either remove all the files in the "source files" folder from the project (they aren't required for this test) or install the Platform SDK.
If hello_brook builds then open its project properties and compare the linker->general and linker->input pages to your own project. Mine were different - I'd tried specifying the path for brook_d.lib on the input page rather than adding the directory to the general->additional library directories page. Once I made these two pages identical to the hello_brook properties my error went away.
Probably a schoolboy error on my part, but I hope that helps anyone who runs into the same issue.