cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Deals

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Need a cool Father's Day gift? How about a Lego Lunar Lander kit?

Lego’s lunar lander set is available at a rare discount

Lego’s lunar lander set is available at a rare discount

Lego’s lunar lander set is available at a rare discountDeveloped together with NASA, the set was released in 2019 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission — also known as the mission that landed the first humans on the Moon. The 1,087-piece set contains a replica of the lander that, once assembled, you can display on a Lego base designed to resemble the Moon’s surface.Lego’s just-released massive Barad-dûr set is pretty cool, I’m not going to lie. Yet, at $460 and with over 5,000 pieces, it’s not for everybody. If you’re looking for a good Father’s Day gift that’ll eat up less money and time, Lego’s NASA Apollo 11 lunar lander set might be a better alternative. Normally $99.99, right now, it’s available on sale as an Amazon Lightning Deal for $79.99 ($20 off). That’s the set’s best price of the year and only $10 shy of its all-time low.Developed together with NASA, the set was released in 2019 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission — also known as the mission that landed the first humans on the Moon. The 1,087-piece set contains a replica of the lander that, once assembled, you can display on a Lego base designed to resemble the Moon’s surface.

We used to build Lego kits with our kids.  But our kids grew up and our son now has his own kids (our grandkids).  What better Father's Day gift than a Lego kit for him?

Lego’s just-released massive Barad-dûr set is pretty cool, I’m not going to lie. Yet, at $460 and with over 5,000 pieces, it’s not for everybody. If you’re looking for a good Father’s Day gift that’ll eat up less money and time, Lego’s NASA Apollo 11 lunar lander set might be a better alternative. Normally $99.99, right now, it’s available on sale as an Amazon Lightning Deal for $79.99 ($20 off). That’s the set’s best price of the year and only $10 shy of its all-time low.

Developed together with NASA, the set was released in 2019 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission — also known as the mission that landed the first humans on the Moon. The 1,087-piece set contains a replica of the lander that, once assembled, you can display on a Lego base designed to resemble the Moon’s surface.

It even separates.  That bottom portion is still on the Moon.It even separates. That bottom portion is still on the Moon.

Sure, it's a bit cramped inside.  But it's still an E-Ticket ride.Sure, it's a bit cramped inside. But it's still an E-Ticket ride.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
4 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

That looks so much cooler than the Lego Space I had as a kid.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

They keep making special parts that we could only dream about back in the 1970's and 1980's.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

I'm not a father... but I could use this... 😁

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

What you really want is the Beautiful Lego book, which you can find on Amazon.

I thumbed through this book while waiting for an appointment.  It is full of amazing LEGO builds.  Just pictures of the final builds, not an instruction guide.I thumbed through this book while waiting for an appointment. It is full of amazing LEGO builds. Just pictures of the final builds, not an instruction guide.

0 Likes