Did you mean: 

Tech Deals

91zva
Adept I

MSI Alpha 15 B5EEK

MSI Alpha15 AMD Advantage Edition

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600H

AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M

The laptop was bought for games and the essence of the problem is as follows: the system interface is tied to integrated graphics (AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics), discrete graphics (AMD Radeon RX 6600M) is responsible for working with applications and modern games such as: Diablo 4, Counter Strike 2 - They (games) require the latest driver versions (the ones posted on the laptop manufacturer's website (27.20.21018.2001) don't work with games at all!), but I can't install the latest driver version (posted on AMD's website, namely -23.11.1) for the desktop graphics card (RX6600m) because that, starting from version 23.9.2, there is no driver for the built-in graphics, and the Windows interface starts to lag and hang, like all running applications and games!

8 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Try to run Windows Update and see what installs.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

unfortunately, the driver that is installed from Windows Update removes the already installed version on its own, and installs a very old version in its place. after installing it, I can't launch the application "AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition" and the problem with games does not go away!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

We need some other expertise to get involved here.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I wonder what kind of experience I can provide you with?

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I was thinking someone else more familiar with AMD chipsets in laptops.  In any case, I suggest you go to the MSI support site here and first update the BIOS to the latest version (15 June 2023) and then download / install their listed graphics driver (31.0.12018.5) which is dated 16 September 2022.  Perhaps updating the BIOS first will enable the graphics driver to install and work properly.

0 Likes
dkmhariwon
Journeyman III

Just install Display adapters driver manually

I think @91zva tried that already.

0 Likes

everything ingenious is simple: AMD has separated the integrated graphics driver from the desktop and created a separate item for this on its website, in the "processor with graphics" section.