cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Discussions

sajairaj
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin edition continuously reinstalled by windows update giving blackscreen

AMD Adrenalin edition in 5800U with radeon (HP Aero 13) is getting reinstalled by windows update and after the update black screen with cursor appears. only option now is to go to recovery mode and either reset the computer or go for safemode and rollback the driver. Now with windows given option , no games work properly and always AMD will ask for updating the software.

1 Solution
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I had a similar issue, where Windows Update kept downloading broken drivers for my GPU, and this fixed it. Here is a link to a Potential Fix for you. I hope it helps.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I had a similar issue, where Windows Update kept downloading broken drivers for my GPU, and this fixed it. Here is a link to a Potential Fix for you. I hope it helps.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes