Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD is at QuakeCon 2023!

Wally_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager
14 9 3,043

8c7ebd5f-fb2c-4121-8ef7-d83f135348fd.jpg

@Amber_AMD and I are at QuakeCon 2023! AMD is one of the partners of QuakeCon, which has returned in all its glory for the first time in 3 years. We’re here with a few of our colleagues to play with all the gamers and showcase some of our latest hardware and technologies.

We will also be sharing some exciting news with our friends at Bethesda for their upcoming game Starfield.

If you can’t make it, you can check out the Bethesda Twitch channel to stay in the loop. Amber and I will also be updating this blog throughout the event with photos and all the fun going on here in Dallas, and we’ll drop updates and highlights in the Red Team Discord server. So be sure to join if you haven’t already and check out the QuakeCon 2023 channel!

If you happen to be attending in person, be sure to stop by the AMD booth to say hi!

Day 1 (Our Arrival):

There wasn't too much going on just yet as this was our arrival the day before the LAN opened up. Mostly just getting settled in after the drive into DFW. The LAN is taking place at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, so it's nice to essentially be staying on-site! Here are a few pics of what we've seen so far.

There's already a huge line for gamers waiting to unload their PC's in the expo hall!There's already a huge line for gamers waiting to unload their PC's in the expo hall!
QuakeCon's presence is made known!QuakeCon's presence is made known!The courtyard of the resort/convention center that QuakeCon is taking place.The courtyard of the resort/convention center that QuakeCon is taking place.

Day 2 (Official Opening Day):

Busy busy day for us here as our whole team worked to get the AMD booth set up and running for it's opening at 6 PM. The LAN floor was officially open in the morning, and there were plenty of gamers here showcasing their awesome rigs and having a good time. This was my first LAN event in... I don't even remember how long, and it reminded me why I fell in love with PCs and PC gaming. This community is crazy (in a good way) and passionate. If you're familiar with QuakeCon, the "Whoop Whoop Whoop" chants have been non-stop throughout the floor.

Our custom AMD sign made of recycled hardware!Our custom AMD sign made of recycled hardware!     

Custom Bethesda Rig!Custom Bethesda Rig!                Limited Edition Starfield Ryzen CPU and Radeon GPULimited Edition Starfield Ryzen CPU and Radeon GPU

Days 3 & 4:

So Friday is when things started to get crazy - in a good way! We started putting the footwork in and getting to know a bunch of gamers at the AMD fan row and meet and greet with as many people as we could around the BYOC (thanks to the fearless @Amber_AMD for getting me out of my comfort zone here). We met so many awesome folks, and we were promoting everything going on in the QuakeCon AMD Discord channel, and over at the AMD booth in the partner lounge (raffles, demos, etc.)

Saturday was just as crazy as we started kicking off tournaments throughout the day. We hosted a 2v2 Rocket League tournament, some spontaneous Halo Infinite oddball matches, and a larger 4v4 Halo Infinite Oddball tourney to wrap up the day. We also held some raffles at our booth which drew HUGE crowds. We had loads of people coming up to us saying AMD crushed it this year, and we're so happy about it. This is why we got into communities - for moments like this!

A racing sim (the seat moved around/vibrated as well) that would make Sam salivate, heheA racing sim (the seat moved around/vibrated as well) that would make Sam salivate, hehe      Our awesome AMD robot! This dude walked around the lounge and BYOC and drew so much attention.Our awesome AMD robot! This dude walked around the lounge and BYOC and drew so much attention.

Our AMD Fan Row / HQ in the BYOCOur AMD Fan Row / HQ in the BYOC   Bawls (energy drink) was one of the partners here, and as you can see... it was gamer fuel.Bawls (energy drink) was one of the partners here, and as you can see... it was gamer fuel.

Custom Rig spotted in the BYOCCustom Rig spotted in the BYOC       One of the rigs we used for our influencers here at AMD!One of the rigs we used for our influencers here at AMD!

One of the top 3 rigs for the PC Mode contest!One of the top 3 rigs for the PC Mode contest!    One of the top 3 rigs for the PC Mode contest!One of the top 3 rigs for the PC Mode contest!     One of the top 3 rigs for the PC Mode contest!One of the top 3 rigs for the PC Mode contest!    This beauty is the rig Amber, I, and some of our colleagues used to manage tournaments and play a few games when he had any downtimeThis beauty is the rig Amber, I, and some of our colleagues used to manage tournaments and play a few games when he had any downtime

… and here are our Halo Infinite tourney winners! 

Our champs!!Our champs!!    Our 2nd place team! (these guys were so nice and shared so many kind words about how we (AMD) were killing it this year)Our 2nd place team! (these guys were so nice and shared so many kind words about how we (AMD) were killing it this year)      Our 3rd place teamOur 3rd place team    Our 4th place teamOur 4th place team

And here's what are booth looked like during our raffles:

Our hype man, AVK!Our hype man, AVK!    An inside look of the chaos...An inside look of the chaos...  ... and an outside look of the chaos!... and an outside look of the chaos!   

That's a wrap for QuakeCon 2023... we're so happy to have been a part of it, and we're extremely grateful for our amazing AMD Red Team!

Bye.JPG

9 Comments
OriginalGreyWolf
Adept III

Oh Snap I didn't think this was a thing anymore and I am so stoked about hearing it is back. Might just have to take a ride down the road and go see it this year.

blazek
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Have fun!

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Have a great time.  Say hi to everyone I have not met yet.

seguleh
Adept I

Excellent!

Sam_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great job Team! Looks like y'all had a great time! Thank you for sharing the pictures. By the way, I just learned the YETI mugs were a huge success?!? Good stuff. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Looks like it was a blast.

Neg1
Journeyman III

Thanks AMD for coming to Quakecon. I was the one who won the full PC parts pack during the final raffle. This system is a beast 31.8% faster than the last system I had in 3dmark. Thanks to AMD, MSI, Sapphire, and Patriot Viper for these amazing parts. PXL_20230816_010529270.jpg

PXL_20230816_010718464.MP2.jpg

maxwlh
Adept I

id love to see some video of robot dude!

TrixterDoc
Journeyman III

It’s been 3 weeks already and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone again next year!!!

About the Author
Snr. Manager. Digital Marketing and Community Development.