cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Custom Powder Coating Your Case? Sure, Why Not?

I'm not much good at painting cases, even metal ones.  I've done it in the past, but I always think I could have done a better job.  I don't like to paint a case multiple times, wet sanding in-between coats and then there is all that time involved.  But sending your case out for a custom powder coating?  I might have to try that some day.  Has anyone done this with their computer case?  How much did you pay and were you happy with the results?  

I have to admit that this finish looks fantastic.I have to admit that this finish looks fantastic.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
4 Replies
Watchtower_GM
Adept II

Nice, I would have to go low tech if I try it.

Do you mean just powder coat with one color or use a simple case design?  Or are you referring to the computer components inside?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
Watchtower_GM
Adept II

Sorry, I was referring to my lack of skill as a painter. Even if it's not for a custom computer chassis I will normally go with a very low tech solution. That way when I screw it up and have to start over it's not too expensive.

Well, that's how most of us start out with modding cases.  Financial constraints and developing skills almost demand it.  But after a while, our natural desire to reach the next level (of complexity, skill requirements, etc.) will drive us to spend a bit more.