Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AMD Guitar!

Sam_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager
4 8 2,552

While roaming around on the third floor of our HQ I ran into this! An AMD Guitar Mod. I asked the folks that sit nearby the mod about the builder, and sadly no one knows who created it. So, let's say it's by an "unknown builder". I was surprised to find a mod, right here at our HQ, and even more surprised to see it turn on! It works! It's a small form factor AMD APU-based system complete with two fans. I particularly like how the display is integrated, or rather, placed in the guitar's sound hole, as well as how holes have been cut out for the power switch, USB ports, HDMI, and reset button on the side panel. Lastly, the new sound hole in the shape of the AMD logo is the "final" touch.  

AMD_Guitar_MOD_1.jpg

AMD_Guitar_MOD_2.jpg

AMD_Guitar_MOD_3.jpg

AMD_Guitar_MOD_4.jpg

AMD_Guitar_MOD_5.jpg

I almost forgot, note the opening for the CD Drive, can you guess when it was built? 

8 Comments
meowlolmyamdneedshelp

Wow. Never thought AMD would have 1920x1080 resolution ryzen 6 rtx 3090 inside a guitar

Sam_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @meowlolmyamdneedshelp 

Welcome to the AMD Red Team Community!

I'm curious, what makes you think it features a "ryzen 6 rtx 30390"?

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

This is mad dope. I wish I was creative and handy enough to do mods like these, lol.

And it was built in '19 because CD Drives still need love, too! 

Sam_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

LOL, oh my, I remember those days! 

red5
Miniboss

Someone should really make it a point to catalogue these types of things. It's a shame to not know the history to share.

Sam_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're so right @red5. But I'm happy I found it, and it's now sitting in my cubical, safe, and running. It's powered by an AMD A4-5300 APU (w/ the Radeon Graphics HD 7480D). I believe it was built in 2012 or 2013. 

I'll do some extra research to learn more about the builder. 

red5
Miniboss

LOL, that's awesome.  AMD needs a curator for those types of things.  Start a museum somewhere in the Austin offices.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Very creative mod.  I like how the ports and fan holes are cleanly cut into the guitar - not an easy job, assuming the guitar was fully built to start with.  Are there any access ports where you can get your hand into the components inside?