cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

colesdav
MVP

Re: Time zone for Vega sales?

I was looking out for an RX Vega Liquid edition again this morning and I noticed that the Vega FE(Air)  Prices are dropping quite a bit where I am.
Is that a general trend?
Anyone seen any reviews with the Vega FE benchmarked on new Gaming Drivers yet?
Also Vega FE Cards with Custom Waterblocks are starting to be sold.
The Vega FE is starting to look more and more interesting now, 8GB more HBM2, Radeon Pro Driver Support...
Bye.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

OK ... So there are new Beta Drivers out for the Vega FE
Radeon Software 17.8.2 Beta for Vega Frontier Edition Release Notes
Since these are defined aas Beta Drivers I would think they should be picking up the Gaming Driver improvements for the RX Series of cards.
We may see new Vega FE Gaming benchmarks soon.
Cheers.

0 Kudos
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Not in my area so far.  The standard black shroud version was $599, and is currently selling for $699.  Seems to be the same on Amazon as well.

0 Kudos
ajlueke
Grandmaster

So the $699 RX Vega continues to sell out on Amazon, so someone is buying it at that price.

0 Kudos
red5
Challenger

I bought the Sapphire Vega 64 air for $699 from Newegg.  Just pampering myself a bit. May turn around and sell it, who knows. Too many irons in the fire right now LOL.  I don't even have a monitor worthy of that card.

os2wiz
Elite

These are tiny quantities, it means very little in the scheme of

things. Let the fools willing to pay $699 for a $500 card spend it , I

won't.

0 Kudos
red5
Challenger

Why join a community site and then alienate everyone with your asinine comments?  Some people may just not want to wait around for high availability and would prefer to get going on their new PC builds. It's a personal choice, not the mark of a fool. A fool is someone who logs into a community site and behaves like you have in this thread.

os2wiz
Elite

I am truly sorry for letting my emotions get the better of me and I

meant no harm. I myself am frustrated with the way this launch as worked

out. I had no right to characterize anyone as a fool, perhaps I am the

fool for hoping the card will come down in price and a better refresh of

vega will be availablee to solve the power and performance issues. I

hope you can accept my sincere apology.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

I am very tempted to buy an RX Vega 64 Liquid Card because I feel there is lots of interesting technology in Vega 64 and I also really like the Compute Performance of the Cards. In fact, I am very tempted to purchase a Vega FE with a Waterblock.

If a new Mining Driver is provided by AMD or a Miner VBIOS edit or Mining Software improves and pushes the MH/s on Vega up towards the initial rumoured 70 MH/s then 700 for a Vega 64 may well prove a very sound investment indeed.
The Professional CAD/Compute Performance of Vega 64 is looking really good anyhow, never mind the mining situation.

Better VBIOS tables, some Undervolting and better drivers exploiting new features still might change things for Gaming Performance versus Power draw. It is clear from what I have seen that there are bugs in Wattman at the moment when setting overclocks for example.

Maybe it is a good /strategy for some people to calm down, take a deep breath, and wait for a little while longer to see how things turn out.

It is everyone's personal decision how they spend their money and I think  Vega 64 early adopters like red5  should be supported by the rest of us on this Community Forum.

For one thing they may be able to help us investigate Vega 64 performance further and answer some more technical questions, and maybe help give more feedback / run tests  on things like DSBR, etc etc.

I think most of us who use AMD or Nvidia cards or both should want to see the Vega 64 a success, I certainly do.

Please watch this review of the Vega 64 Liquid benchmarked against an MSI 1080Ti: The RX Vega Liquid Edition Review - YouTube

I like this reviewer because of his deep attention to detail in terms of the actual gameplay experience, not just Benchmark FPS.

Even though the reviewer does express concern about the Gaming FPS versus Power Jump for different Power modes, he says the gaming experience on the Vega 64 was really good, that's even without turning FreeSync on.

Both cards were loaned to him to do the testing. When asked which card he would be most upset to have to return he stated he would be most upset to loose  the Vega 64 Liquid Edition.

0 Kudos
ajlueke
Grandmaster

I'm interested in one primarily because I'd like to use it to test the passive cooled Calyos S0 case I ordered.  It's unlikely Calyos will make blocks for anything other than the reference card.  The case doesn't ship out until November at the earliest, so I have some time to see what prices do.