Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

adr_tech
Miniboss
Miniboss

Thoughts on AMD Zen reveal?

As many of you may know, AMD recently revealed some ZEN performance benchmarks, which show it playing a game smoothly at 4k

I've been excited for Zen since the beginning and I already have money saved up to upgrade my PC upon release. But I want to know what you guys think?

Do you think that Zen will live up to its hype?

Do you think Zen will continue raising AMD stocks like it has been so far?

Heres a little clip showing some of the presentation thanks to HotHardware:

AMD Summit Ridge Zen Processor Demo With Benchmarks! HOT! | HotHardware com - YouTube

Personally I'm more than willing to upgrade to Zen no matter what the numbers end up being. I'd rather continue helping AMD become real competition to Intel.

Due to AMD taking their time with releases, I believe Intel has really been slacking off on their processors, increasing prices for really marginal performance gain. Finally if AMD can beat or match Intel's performance it gives a reason to actually give something new to consumers.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
nena360
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Thoughts on AMD Zen reveal?

If I replace a CPU it will probably be my Athlon X4 880K, but my FX-8370 is still doing great!

teckem
Challenger
Challenger

I'm hyped about ever since the rumors and speculations, unfortunately for me I'm will have to just enjoy the reviews and benchmarks about it. I will probably get the RX-470 next year in order to improve my gameplay experience (Currently rocking a 270X MSI 2GB).

william
Challenger
Challenger

I am very excited about Zen and been following all the rumors and info on the internet. Can't wait for it to come out, my computer is in desperate need of upgrade. I hope it will be out at the early start of Q4.

zealotki11er
Miniboss
Miniboss

Well they compared it to 6900K Intel CPU. They also did not test it in gaming. Either way price/performance has to be good for me to upgrade.

0 Kudos
adr_tech
Miniboss
Miniboss

I believe they did test it in a game, I don't recall the name.

Should be in the video I have linked

0 Kudos
oregon
Elite
Elite

I definitely expect Zen to live up to the hype, and to continue to better AMD's stocks. I don't think they will have a problem impressing. From everything I've seen so far, it looks like it's gonna be really great. Personally, I am mostly excited for their Zen APUs, which will be out in 2017. When they come out, I'll definitely be looking to upgrade. I am a huge fan of APUs. I currently have a Kaveri APU, and a Zen one would be so nice! The part of Zen I find most exciting/epic is their next generation coherent fabric! Gonna be so good!

0 Kudos
feverstriker
Challenger
Challenger

Honestly, the known specs for the product are pretty impressive and I will try to upgrade to Zen ASAP, it all depends on the price of the cpu and the mobos as well.
zealotki11er​ they played DeusEx on it in the video, I think, so it has been tested with a video game.

0 Kudos