cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

toasttheoriginal
Adept III

How can you call this launch "Exclusive". A call for a change, by AMD!!!

AMD needs to wake up!  The fact that they put this out where the public can access this limited engagement is just a major failure.  Yes this is a failure of what they say "This is an exclusive advance notice to members of the AMD Red Team community and this offer has limited availability, while supplies last." taken out of the email sent on the 6th..  there is nothing Exclusive about this no measures taken to ensure that only red team members get a card.  Here is how they can solve it, but  will not for what ever reason:

1.  You should have to be signed in as a red team member
  2. Your statues needs to be a member for 6months -1 year,  FYI I have been a member for over 3yrs if you are curious
  3. limit  one or two card/s per person/ member
  4. limit the purchase/s to the payment method used
  5. AMD needs to stop being like NVIDIA and start thinking of the Gamers again! by making assertive efforts to make sure the gamers are taken care of and not the Scalpers!

AMD we have the technology to do the above I want an reasonable answer why this is not happening!  Yes am I upset of course I am and it is because my wife who I stream with is on a 7870 and starting to not be able to play certain games.  As you can imagine also cannot find a card that is reasonably priced that will be a decent fit.  So yah, I'm upset with your laziness and false statements that you are for the Gamer!

Once again AMD you failed, us the Gamers and your supposed Beloved RED TEAM!!!!!  Way to to GO!

Anyone that agrees with me please hit that Kudos button maybe we can get this to be taken care of..

once a member that believed AMD's statement "AMD is for the Gamers"

toast

28 Replies
wim-bart
Adept III

Re: How can you call this launch "Exclusive"!?

Why are Red Team members exclusive? I support AMD since the first x86 CPU and ATI cards where sold. I am not a Red Team member, but in my lifetime I did buy over a 50K of AMD/ATI products over the years (not to mention the amount of products I did buy and advise at server level, far in the €10-€15 Million Range).

So I also, like many others deserve the chance to buy a Card. But It hurts to see that It is impossible to see that our wished products end up on eBay for prices that are not normal and that AMD is doing nothing about it. 

toasttheoriginal
Adept III

If you are a part of this forum you are a red team member, just not in the sense you are thinking...  Thank you feel my pain, what my statement is saying is, if you are going to Call it Exclusive and make it for the Red Team members, people on the forum, then do so.  The way that AMD has done this is a joke you and I know it because we both work in IT.  We need to call for a change how things are done  and that is what this post is about.  

wim-bart
Adept III

Never understood the Red Team thing, but thank you for explanation 🙂 

0 Kudos
toasttheoriginal
Adept III

You are welcome, I know it is kind of confusing, ok more than Kind of.. lol

0 Kudos
wim-bart
Adept III

Mostly when you are a (new) member of a "special" team you know it because you applied for it. Not just by writing something on the wall 🙂 

0 Kudos
UnoZeus
Adept I

Re: How can you call this launch "Exclusive". A call for a change, by AMD!!!

I'm sure the promotion began with good intentions. The execution was lacking and we all wish they could do more. However, they have a product that is in incredible demand. As great as it is for the brand, the consumer usually suffers in times like these. This isn't a problem unique to this circumstance. Aside from their storefront, which I doubt they run directly, they have little control over sales and distribution. 

Ethereum mining will start to slow down in the next few months. My guess is we will see stock rising and prices falling headed into July. It won't be much longer. Don't give up the hope just yet. 

colesdav
MVP

(1). This is what the "Red Team" is, according to AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/community

(2). They point to the AMD Community Forum here: https://community.amd.com/t5/red-team/ct-p/red-team

(3). You can get a newsletter here: https://explore.amd.com/red-team/sign-up

(4). You can apply to join the "Red Team" here: https://explore.amd.com/red-team/apply

It says "If you’re interested in being more involved with the Red Team through streaming, reviewing products or showing up at community events, tell us a little more about yourself and why you bleed AMD red!"

It seems to me that people who are really on "The Red Team" are AMD fans who are involved with helping AMD Marketing Team promote AMD products. 

(5). They provide the latest version of an "AMD Digital Fan Kit" for the Red Team here: 
https://mars.amd.com/Go/yhies7kR

(6). They point to AMD Twitch Streaming and other "Social Media" locations. 

They do not mention it and I do not know if it is still running but at one point the  "Red Team" were asking  for involvement in this: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-testers

The Red Team used to run an up to date "3DMark Benchmark Results" page. 

That has ironically been dropped since this new forum, just at a time when people have the chance to run R95950X CPU and RX6900XT GPU and produce good results versus Intel and Nvidia for the first time in years.

Perhaps this promotion was a chance to let Red Team Streamers get hold of those GPU so they could then run them on their Twitch Streaming sites and promote AMD GPUs? 

I would be surprised if they do not provide AMD Red Team Streamers on Twitch with latest high end AMD CPU and GPU for free already though.

colesdav
MVP

0 Kudos
UnoZeus
Adept I

Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos