Did you mean: 

Red Team Discussions

derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

(ENDED) Going to pay it forward....

Jump to solution

1465932431075-2061592528.jpg

Here in the ##amdredteam we are all about community and helping others.  Well it's come to that time where I want to pay forward how I was helped.

When I was building my rig, The Black Dahlia, I was in a money crunch and couldn't afford everything I needed.  A gracious friend of mine gifted Me a brand new XFX R7360 so I would have a graphics card capable of playing the most modern games.

I was overjoyed and amazed at someones generosity to just give me a gpu.  Well I want to help someone the same way.  I've only had the R7 360 for 2 months now and I would like to give it to someone in need here on the site....a fellow RedTeam family member who was where I was, in a crunch.   I know it all too well.  So I want to help.

When I get my RX480, I want to give my R7 360 away, no cost, I'll even pay shipping.  So let me know who needs it and it's yours.  I still have the box and eveeything since it's practically brand new.

I'm going to go through the Rigs Showcase, because there were a few rigs there without GPU'S, and im going to suprise someone.

P.S. I still have the stock, unused FX8350 Cooler if anyone needs one.

1465932555425-1675159123.jpg

1465932626982-20594245.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zionhalcyon
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Going to pay it forward....

Jump to solution

I think it should at least be someone who has stuck around. I agree on that point.

However, I wouldn't base it completely on contribution either. Simply because something like this is also a way to evangelize the community that is #amdredteam .

It might also encourage someone who wasn't as active a contributor as before to become more active and involved. And even if it doesn't, and we never hear from the person again, it doesn't matter simply because the good deed was done, yeah and we have a thread like this as a shining example of what it means to be ##amdredteam , no strings attached.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

And don't think this card is weak.....it gets me around 75-106fps in Battlefield 4 at 1080p & still looks better than PS4.

zionhalcyon
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

You know, I think this is incredibly awesome (lol, where were you when my PC blew up last year? ).

I think I remember seeing a couple of Rig builds in the Rig section of the ##amdredteam​ that actually lacked graphics cards, so I am thinking rather than having people line up and plead their case, why not pay it forward to some lucky soul there, who despite not having an ideal setup, posted a rig to join us on ##amdredteam​ anyway?

I can't think of a better way to pay it forward.

iamthesaga
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

You are doing a good thing right here derrickgott007​.  I have been trying to pay it forward myself when I find the means.  There are definitely some people here who could use it.  Good  job, broseph!

derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Ya'll help me and keep an eye out for anyone.  I sent some messages to a few but haven't heard back from any yet. 

jamesc359
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I'd suggest making sure that who ever you give it too has contributed to the community in some way and isn't just somebody that's a fly-by-night.

zionhalcyon
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

I think it should at least be someone who has stuck around. I agree on that point.

However, I wouldn't base it completely on contribution either. Simply because something like this is also a way to evangelize the community that is #amdredteam .

It might also encourage someone who wasn't as active a contributor as before to become more active and involved. And even if it doesn't, and we never hear from the person again, it doesn't matter simply because the good deed was done, yeah and we have a thread like this as a shining example of what it means to be ##amdredteam , no strings attached.

View solution in original post

william
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

It's amazing how people care about the community here and help wherever they can. Very nice gesture from you derrickgott007. I am sure you'll make someone very happy with it.

derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I've got a message out to SimRacingSetup, because he built a pc, and has been buying games he WANTS to play, but isn't able to play them because no GPU.  I hope he replies soon. If not it's on to the next person in need.

derrickgott007
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Correction, his name is WalterConn.