cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radeon ProRender Discussion

Nimbus
Journeyman III

ProRender in C4D not working correctly after 20.12.1.0 driver update

Last week I updated my graphics drivers to play the newly released Cyberpunk 2077. Ever since then however, ProRender is no longer working correctly in Cinema 4D. I am still able to render to the picture viewer, but I can no longer utilize the render preview function within the viewport window. As I rely on that feature for setting up materials and lighting, it is making it very difficult to work. Does anyone know any solutions?

I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT running the current 20.12.1.0 drivers, on 64-bit Windows 10. Ryzen 3700X processor. I am using version R21.207 of Cinema 4D.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Nimbus
Journeyman III

Update: I tried posting about it on some Cinema 4D forums but didn't get any responses, so maybe there just aren't that many folks out there with AMD cards using ProRender. I tried downloading the November 2020 driver and the issue still persisted, so I just rolled back to the January 2020 drivers that I was using previously and everything seems to work again. I guess the best option is just to run on year-old drivers for the time being.

0 Likes

That sounds right to me, considering, if I want to use Substance Painter on my 5700 XT I have to roll back to 20.4.2 or else Sub goes non-responsive after a few seconds every time. It also doesn't play well with Cycles and even ProRender in Blender.  I just keep checking for updates..............

0 Likes