Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Daleran
Adept I

Zen5 potential solvation

Hey . 

Just joined the red team with r5 7600x & rx 6900 xt

So , as a new member of the family and making the story short i have an advice to the company since anything can happen in business rivalry :

• Focus on "sinkclose"

You may find your solution there

blessings

0 Likes
9 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Daleran, I do not know about the Red Team but this is a User forum and we seldom see any AMD employees here. Try telling AMD Support. John.

EDIT: I am curious how many users are reporting problems caused by Sinkclose?

Tnx for the suggestion. Because of the potential problem that may have been founded by the blue side ( if i remember correctly they were the ones that announced it for negative marketing reasons or as one useful way in competition strategies dont know what to call it ) ; beside my urge to build my new & first ever self assembling pc ; I decided not to yet & wait for the asus motherboard to release the bios update

cause i dont wanna fall victim between these type of acts that may happen by the blue team as they already've proven by that 20000 employee sacrifices so they can regain their trust & stay in top of the business ; 

So based on that action its logically predictable to act the same when they've founded the "SINKCLOSE" . They had pretty much time to code as a counter in the form of cyber attack 

Dont know if you know already or not but amd keeps claiming 9700 & 9900  to be the fastest and even better than 14900k and also says that the data that are released by the well known reviewers such as hardware unboxed are not accurate and they are not the same as the factory tests and they also dont know what is the problem that caused the user reviews to be much lower than their tests .

0 Likes

Daleran, thanks, John.

FunkZ
Exemplar

Not sure what "advice" you are offering since AMD has already committed to patching SinkClose on all current supported processors and even capitulated to users and will issue a fix for Ryzen 3000 series.

Check your motherboard support site for a BIOS release that details a patch for your Ryzen 7600X or open a request with the manufacturer as to when they will make it available.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

FunkZ, can you answer my question about how many users are affected? The squawking reflects that all are affected except you and I. John.

0 Likes

John, my response was to OP not yourself. OP asked AMD to "focus" on SinkClose and IMO AMD has. They have already released updates for most Ryzen processors and have also broadened the scope by including 3000 series processors. It's up to the motherboard manufacturers to make those updates available.

I have no idea how many users have been impacted by SinkClose, but I can affirmatively state that this user ain't one of them, as I am not in the habit of downloading malicious bootkit files. Per this article "actors must have kernel-level access to attack your system properly. No one's likely to get that level of access to the PC on my or your desktop."

https://www.zdnet.com/article/sinkclose-amd-cpu-vulnerability-explained-how-dangerous-is-it-really/

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

Thanks, FunkZ, I knew you were responding to the OP, just wanted to know about the occurrence of the actual exploit. John.

My point is about the zen 5 test result differences of 9000 series performances that happened between company & user reviewers such as hardware unboxed & others Since amd says the results are not the same and they dont know where is the problem . Thanks btw

0 Likes

Hey Daleran, thanks for the suggestion! Always good to see new ideas. While I can't comment on company strategy, I'm sure the engineers are always looking for ways to improve performance. Enjoy your new AMD rig.