Did you mean: 

Processors

ISMAEEL
Journeyman III

x570 very unstable SATA drives speed

Hello 

i have Crosshair hair viii mother bord with 3900xt processor 

Ram is G skill Trident z cl16 3600 mhz 

the problem im facing is with Internal Sata hdds, the speeds are very unstable on large files transfer and becomses to almost 0 after some time 

if i pull out the same drive and connect it with external HDD enclosure and connect via USB then there is no issue the speeds remains stable 

what could be the issue ? 

i have latest drives installed and bios is also latest 

any solution will be appreciated 

Thanks 

0 Likes
3 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

No idea, but have you tried connecting to different SATA-ports?

I would definitely flash bios to latest version and update chipset drivers. Asus site also seems to have a SATA drivers for this board, so install that (if this is your model) https://rog.asus.com/fi/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-hero-model/helpdesk_download/ (this link was for Win10)

Could also be that for some reason it just writes to a different location and your hdd has corrupted sectors or vectors. You could run chkdsk /F on it

0 Likes

Hello 

i have installed the latest bios and latest Drivers

and the hdd is 100% ok no bad sectors 

i have just intalled the STORE MI and now it have somehow fixed the problem, but the sata drives should work perfectly even without store mi 

Could be your SATA Cables are bad or going bad.

I would also update your Motherboard's CHIP Set drivers.

I suggest you open a Asus Support ticket and ask them if they believe your Motherboard needs to be checked if your SATA cables are good.

I have a Asus Motherboard with 4 Internal SATA HDDs installed and I don't have an issue like the one you have.

Now If I am copying a large file like a Windows System Backup file or copying several files at the same time to 2 or more Internal HDDs, My transfer rates slows down quite a bit. In most cases only one or two HDDs are transferring the file and the rest are at Zero Transfer rate until the others finish copying to the other HDDs.

If it is transferring to more than 2 HDDs at the same the time the transfer rate is very slow too all of the HDDs except maybe to one HDD it is faster.

0 Likes