Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

marzahmz06
Adept I

Why does my AMD A12 9700p cpu have high cpu usage when doing basic stuff

Jump to solution

Hey everyone,

When I do basic tasks like browsing the internet or writing a email, my cpu hit's like 100% cpu and then everything becomes laggy and unstable. This has been happening for a long time now and I can't find the solution for it. I have tried resetting the pc, reinstall the os and everything but with no avail. I need help because my online class is going to start again and I really need to use it urgently. 

Specs:

AMD A12 9700P

8gb RAM

AMD Radeon R7 Graphics card

128gb SSD +1tb hard drive (Windows is installed on the 128gb ssd)

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kv2
Adept I

Re: Why does my AMD A12 9700p cpu have high cpu usage when doing basic stuff

Jump to solution

Are you on the high performance power plan? Laptop plugged in to charger? It’s a low wattage cpu designed to be better in battery life. 

R7 3700X, MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X, MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi, 16GB Hyper X Fury RGB, 1TB Nvme, 4TB HDD

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kv2
Adept I

Jump to solution

Are you on the high performance power plan? Laptop plugged in to charger? It’s a low wattage cpu designed to be better in battery life. 

R7 3700X, MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X, MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi, 16GB Hyper X Fury RGB, 1TB Nvme, 4TB HDD
marzahmz06
Adept I

Jump to solution

Ok, I will have to check if that worked and I will mark it as a solution if it did

0 Likes
marzahmz06
Adept I

Jump to solution

It still does go high sometimes but it's fine in general that's why I accepted it

0 Likes
Kv2
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah you’re unlikely to get much better. I used to have a laptop with an i5 6200U, which was also an ultra low wattage part rated at the same 15W. It was extremely sluggish, and I had to constantly have it on charge and set to high performance. 

marzahmz06
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah, this was actually my old laptop and I have since upgraded to a AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with AMD Vega RX 10 graphics. It's way more better in every way possible. Also, try h264ify in the chrome web store, it's great. It made my laptop 200% better on video watching.

0 Likes