Processors

mamir5
Journeyman III

Which 7900XTX is the best?

I am really not sure on which to buy (these are my options):

24GB ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming ~ 950€

24GB XFX Radeon RX 7900 XTX Speedster MERC 310 Black Edition ~ 980€

24GB Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X ~ 1085€

To me, the Sapphire look the best by FAR and I would'nt mind dropping a bit more for looks, but is it the best of these?

Is there any data on temps and performance on these models specifically? What are your experiences? Any noteable coil whining?

0 Likes
3 Replies
yurikokolev
Adept III

i had both SFX and Sapphire graphics card, never had  issues with none of them, Asrock never had so i can't say. The Powercolor ones are also great. But from those 3 i would go for the XFX 

Ryzen 7 5800x3D - Powercolor RX6800XT Red Devil - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - MSI x470 gaming plus - Win10 - AMD A10-7850K - 16Gb PowerColor RedDevil RX580 8GB and also Phenom 9950 Black Edition 8gb Ram - HD7870 2GB
0 Likes
stereo55
Adept II

Iam having great results and zero problems with my Sapphire Nitro xtx . Although far from cheap , I found it to be worth the xtra cost as it runs nice and cool as well as QUITE ( a must for me) with only having to run the fans topped out/set at about 50-55% at 60-65c and build quality being excellant as well ~ I should note , my first card was doa (from Amazon) but replaced in one day and the replacement has been flawless .

Also to note , Iam running the Sapphire Nitro xtx on three Ultrawides at 7680x 1080p/1440p and again flawlessly at this/these "native rez" in gaming (such as  in Sniper Elite 5 , FarCry 6 , No Mans Sky , The Village , ETC) . 

Recommend Sapphire (Nitro) 

0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TiYwjxmcU8&pp=ygUVNzkwMFhUWCB3aGljaCBpcyBiZXN0

This guy is quite good in this kind of comparisons. You must consider cost, VRM, temps and consumption. Obviously lower consumption and temps will prolong the lifespan of your GPU, and more VRM means better performance. Let us know which one you choose

https://hothardware.com/news/gpu-mb-failure-rates-digitec-galaxus

Asrock seems to have the lowest failure rate, while Sapphire have the highest failure rate but fastest RMA response