cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jaafar
Journeyman III

Where can I find the PPR for the Ryzen 7 7840HS?

I've had no luck on developer.amd.com finding a PPR that lists the performance events for this processor, which is in my laptop. I'd like to do some performance analysis... I searched by family (25 and thus 19h) and model (116, which I believe is 74h); the closest match was model 70h. Is there a specific PPR for my processor? I want to track L3 misses and otherwise make the Linux "perf" tool more useful.

1 Solution

Update: AMD Support says the PPR for 74h is still under NDA and will be published later.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Tried here, jaafar? John.

0 Likes
jaafar
Journeyman III

Yep, that's where I found the model 70h (not 74h) documentation.

0 Likes

jaafar, sorry I have struck out. Please contact AMD support. AMD seems to forget the Pro processors when it comes to details. John.

I have filed a support ticket and will post here if/when they respond. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes

jaafar, thanks. Best of luck, John.

Update: AMD Support says the PPR for 74h is still under NDA and will be published later.

So you were correct about the Family and Model of the mobile laptop processor.

According to CPU World the Ryzen 7 7840HS:

1- ZEN 4 processor

2- Phoenix Processor core

3- Socket BGA (FP7r2)

With this information at CPUID - WikiChip Processor website it shows:

Screenshot 2024-08-20 110602.png
At Wikipedea verifies the same info as above: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_CPU_microarchitectures

Screenshot 2024-08-20 110844.png
Otherwise open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and see if AMD has updated its Documentation to include the Zen 4 processors.
0 Likes

I do not trust third parties. Where is AMD data?! John.

0 Likes

(- :

0 Likes