cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

WHEA logger 8 or 9 crashing randomly

I had an issue with my new build when I first built it with it randomly crashing and producing a whea Logger event, i had to do full system updates (after a few attempts and 2 months) and it was fine, until recently when it has started to do it again. Although this time it may be after an hour or so of gaming. 

I have done a full system reset wiped everything and started form scratch. Updated bios to most recent, and chip set and GPU. Reseated and checked all components, I have 4 fans and one on the Ryzen chip. I have 3600 RAM but have capped it to 3200 for the ryzen chip, I have also increased the voltage slightly to address any cool downs

I have spent most of the day resetting. Managed to get a couple hours of Warzone, then went to play fortnite, and refuses to open just crashes. This post has taken me 4 attempts as it keeps crashing. below is my spec

Ryzen 5 5600

TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II 

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (ZOTAC International)

16Gb DDR4 RAM 3600 (reduced to 3200)

1 x1TB SDD

1x2tb SDD

0 Likes
30 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

spartanriddler89, first I suggest you stay out of BIOS and return to Defaults after doing a Clear CMOS. Please post screenshots of Ryzen Master (RM) both Basic and Advanced views running Cinebench R23. Please post only images of RM. I hope all your AMD drivers came from here. Post your cooler and OS. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Hi misterj Thank you for the time. I have tried to clear the the cmos. But it won't revert to previous BIOS still at the latest update. I have done all the methods suggested online, shorting the pins and removed battery. 

Below are the screen shots you asked for whilst doing a 10min test on Cinebench. Clicking on your link and also going to the AMD website, the driver support downloads only include the download for StoreIM and Ryzen Master. I have downloaded the Armoury Crate and AI3 suite that has updated the chipsets and motherboard. 

I have the stock cooler (wraith) that came with the Ryzen 5 5600 processor, as well as 4 other fans within the case and currently on Windows 10 Home

spartanriddler89_1-1673194308666.png

spartanriddler89_2-1673194321523.png

0 Likes

Thanks for the screenshots, spartanriddler89. Clearing CMOS will not revert to an older BIOS. You would have to save an older version before up upgrade or DL an older version from your MB vendor. I just wanted you to get back to default system. Your screenshots look OK. You are throttling due to the two red meters at the top of RM. I need to see evidence of the crashes like screenshots (cell image is OK if systems locks) and/or Event Log entries. I do not understand what you are saying about my link. Here is a screenshot of the driver site:

AMD_Drivers.png

Click on Chipsets and a new drop down list will show, select the appropriate item and continue until no more new drop downs. Then DL the drivers for your system. If you still have trouble please post a screenshot. I do not know what Armoury Crate and AI3 suite are but if they came from your MD vendor, I recommend you remove them from your system and restart before continuing. Please look in your Event Viewer under System and Application and post the Basic tab.  Thanks and enjoy,John.

Hmm odd my reply seemed to have disappered from this. this is the 3rd time posting

.thank you for the clarification, armory and A1 has been uninstalled and chipset updates fully checked and sorted. 

As for the even logger, I was taking the details from the system logs and not the application logs so they do look different to me and a few  more i never even noticed before. However the error that corresponds to the crash is below. I have also had a lot of TPM errors on the system logs that seemed to have sorted tout as well as some DistributionCOM errors. These errors are all new to me. 

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-C8HLC7I$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps
GetCACaps: Not Found
{"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 14:27:55 GMT
Content-Length: 121
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains
x-ms-request-id: da239f04-660f-4437-ad9a-cbad43b4ea3a

Method: GET(312ms)
Stage: GetCACaps
Not found (404). 0x80190194 (-2145844844 HTTP_E_STATUS_NOT_FOUND)

spartanriddler89_0-1673301769457.png

Hmm odd my reply seemed to have disappered from this.
.thank you for the clarification, armory and A1 has been uninstalled and chipset updates fully checked and sorted.
As for the even logger, I was taking the details from the system logs and not the application logs so they do look different to me and a few more i never even noticed before. However the error that corresponds to the crash is above

0 Likes

Thanks, spartanriddler89. Did this error crash your system? Please open this same error, go to the Basic tab, right click then Select All then Copy.  I would suggest you paste that in a .txt file and look for any information you do no want posted and delete it, then please post it in your response. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

The error above is a differnet error. I posted the wrong issue there apologies.

what is crashing my computer is the WHEA logger below. but this is accessed through the system log not the application log. The error in the previous reply is from the application log was initailly asked for, but looking at the time stamp this i

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 9

The details view of this entry contains further information
0 Likes

Amory and AI are now removed, and double checked chipsets and updates all sorted. 

I have been taking my event errors form the System tab and not the application tab. The errors on application tab are different however the one below coincided around the same time as the WHEA logger.

SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-C8HLC7I$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps
{"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Looking through my events on both system and application I can see several errors that I didn't see before

such as the below

GetCACaps
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 18:12:35 GMT
x-ms-request-id: 92d7390a-0b91-4521-8abf-8672af4c7c3e

Method: GET(797ms)

And some DistributedCOM errors

I hope this is what you meant

0 Likes

Hmm odd my reply seemed to have disappered from this.

As for the even logger, I was taking the details from the system logs and not the application logs so they do look different to me and a few  more i never even noticed before. However the error that corresponds to the crash is below. I have also had a lot of TPM errors on the system logs that seemed to have sorted tout as well as some DistributionCOM errors. These errors are all new to me. 

GetCACaps
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

0 Likes

Thanks, spartanriddler89. This looks like a network problem with WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-C8HLC7I$. A 404 error is URL not found. I suspect something is wrong with you network associated with your WORKGROUP. I suggest you have your administrator fix it. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi the error that's causing crash  WHEA logger below. 

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 9

The details view of this entry contains further information

0 Likes

Thanks, spartanriddler. I would like to see the Details and any mini dumps. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I haven't been able to save any recent minidumps, despite using cmd and via system start up and recovery, 

However I do have a slightly older minidump caused by the same error

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhnjkZRoILBHoWNaw-g0twMvER3D?e=XeVEOW

0 Likes

Thanks, spartanriddler. The error is 0x0C4. MS says "This issue occurs because Driver Verifier incorrectly detects that the interrupt service routine (ISR) for the driver has corrupted the extended thread context." Please look for "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\amdgpio2.sys" and post a screenshot of the Details of Properties, here is mine:

GPIO.png

I have amdgpio2.sys and you had amdgpio3.sys. Please see which one you have now. Where did you get your drivers? I hope here. Thanks ans enjoy, John.

0 Likes

spartanriddler, just DLed and installed the latest drivers from AMD and got the same driver as before. What version of Windows are you running (winver command in a Command Prompt). Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi I seem to have both 1 and 2 and checked the driveres form teh website

spartanriddler89_0-1673708275704.png

0 Likes

Thanks, spartanriddler. I do not have a amdgpio1.sys. Please post a screenshot of the Properties-Details of amdgpio1.sys and amdgpio2.sys Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Attached both files below amdgpio2.sys  and amdgpio3.sys

spartanriddler89_1-1673773771385.png

0 Likes

Thanks, spartanriddler. I do not know what is going on. I would suggest a fresh install of Windows including formatting your system disk. Perhaps you installed drivers from some strange site or Windows update did. I always review MS Updates and only install drivers that I understand. Here is a screenshot of DriverView from Nirsoft.

DriverView.png

It allows me to know what driver I am running. I believe this information is available in the Device Manager but DriverView is faster. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Would would be the best way to rest system as I have already done this and a fresh install. Or is the processor/motherboard faulty?

0 Likes

spartanriddler, I do not know what if anything is faulty. I want to get your system to a starting point I understand. Please format your installation disk, install windows, install AMD drivers from here then Ryzen Master from here. Please install nothing else and make sure your BIOS is set to defaults before you start. After your problems are resolved, then you can configure your system to your liking. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I had a few issues with the windows format but managed it in the end complete reformat and installation of windows, which automatically started to update over night all AMD drivers and ryzen master, and bios set to default

0 Likes

Thanks, spartanriddler. So how is it going? I hope well. If you will post the screenshots of RM as before, I will take a look. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I will post RM in a bit however I haven't had a restart yet but it usually happens during a game or when left on for a bit. It can be random. I have checked my drivers and the amdgpio3.sys is still there. I will have a test this weekend and see what happens.should I update all drivers Inluding graphics?

0 Likes

spartanriddler89_0-1674378608108.png

spartanriddler89_1-1674378640226.png

0 Likes

Well it os still happening with the whea logger issue

0 Likes

Thanks, spartanriddler. Sorry we have not curtailed it. I suggest it is decision time for you to RMA the processor or the main board. Good hunting, John.

0 Likes

I thought that might be the case. Many thanks for taking the time to go through trying to sort this out. ALl the best 
J

0 Likes
exoguz
Journeyman III

I am also having the same problem. The solution to shutting down the computer in 10 to 15 minutes, unfortunately, is a processor-related malfunction according to the existing deficiencies.

0 Likes

exogus, if you want some help, please open a new issue. Post all your parts and follow the testing I requested from spartanriddler. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes