cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

samket
Journeyman III

Warranty Return Approval: How Long Does This Take??

Warranty Service Request Opened on 14 April, outlining the issue - namely cpu not posting, new build (details below)

I got a vague reply on the 15th suggesting the issue was due to the mobo bios not being updated - although I had made it clear in the original request that this had been done by supplier. I sent over cpu invoice/receipt as requested. But since then, nothing...

I've chased up via email 3 times and got the auto responses. And I've called AMD tech support 01276 932318 midday on Thurs 25th who said they would get onto it, but still nothing.

It's been 2 weeks ago. I personally think that's unacceptable. But anyway, here's the details, * components purchased from Ebuyer.

* 1 x MSI AMD Ryzen AM4 X370 GAMING PLUS (requesting you update BIOS prior to dispatch)
* 1 x AMD RYZEN 3 2200G Processor
* 2 x Adata Premier DDR4 2666 UDIMM
* 1 x Toshiba TR200 240GB 2.5

(powered by G7 Power Extreme 680w PSU)

But it didn't post, cpu debug led on.

So I updated PSU to Aerocool Integrator 400W - Still NO POST, cpu debug led, on min. config

Next, I RMA'd the CPU to Ebuyer. CPU was FAULTY and was replaced. But when I get it back, still NO POST, cpu debug led, on min. config

Next I RMA'd the board to Ebuyer. NOTE: The board didn't post so they updated the BIOS. But when I get it back, still NO POST, cpu debug led, on min. config

So we go through another RMA for the board, after sending pics of the CPU. Ebuyer then updated the BIOS (again!), testing with ryzen 7 cpu and return it to me. But still NO POST, cpu debug led, on min. config

So then I buy a different MOBO (ASRock B450 PRO4, bios P1.50) thinking its a compatibility issue with the Msi X370 and Ryzen 3 2200g - there are some cases online of people facing similar problems. But NO POST on min. config

Next, I try with different DDR4 (Vengeance LPX 2400, 2x8gb). But yet again NO POST, min. config.

So, we can assume it's not the boards, it's not the RAM, it's not the psu. So it has to be another CPU that's faulty.

Needless to say, I'd appreciate it if someone to get on to this before I die of old age.

Side note: Ive built 3 pcs from scratch in the past 5 years and never had an issue with any.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
leezy
Journeyman III

this is what i notice about AMD as well... their tech support is slow, usually takes about 3 days to reply. i have also submitted my report to them and they told me to send back to the reseller for warranty. the problem is, when we go back to the reseller, they will take their sweet time for replacement which i am not happy with it. 

i have been a Intel users and last 2 years i have decided to switch to AMD for the Ryzen. All is good but the CPU fan quality is quite bad. it last less then 2.5 years and its already not working. i have old intel processor which are using stock fan for near 10 years and it refuses to die on me.

i think AMD should do something about the support and also the fan quality. cause i think i heard quite a few cases was due to FAN failure. 

and also the warranty process, How to process this? 

0 Likes