Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

SilverTat
Adept I

Unable to boot with 2 monitors & CS2 crash

Hi everyone!

Just upgraded to my first AMD part in years. Went from an i7-6700k to a 5700x3d and boy the performance is great! But, i have consistent crashes while playing CS2 and i cant seem to get video output if both of my monitors are on during startup. It just enters an endless boot loop. Thought anyone might have any ideas. Would prefferably avoid a fresh windows install, which is why im turning to all of you. 

Full rundown of specs :
CPU: 5700x3d (New)

Mobo: Asus rog strix b550-f gaming (New)

GPU: Asus rog strix GTX 1080 

RAM: 4gbx4 corsair vengence DDR4

Main drive: m.2 samsung evo

PSU:  corsair 550 wat something something

Tried already:

Updating to latest bios

Updating graphics driver

Setting BIOS to boot via PCIE

Cheers!

0 Likes
1 Solution
SilverTat
Adept I

Update:

tldr: Turns out one of my ram sticks went bad, most likely recently. Check your ram even though all instabilities point to the gpu going bad!

After reinstalling and formatting the system still wasnt stable. After a lot of continued trial and error i discovered that the instability was being caused by one of the ram sticks. Could probably get a new kit sent due to warranty, but i decided to buy new faster ones. 

System has been stable for the past two weeks; which is why im responding to the thread to mark this as resolved! 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SilverTat
Adept I

Should add to this. Problems seem to also be occuring outside of cs2. Screen flickering, every porocess freezing. The windows clock literally froze and got stuck at 20:08

0 Likes
SilverTat
Adept I

Further update, re installed windows; which resulted in me not being able to reinstall any drivers at all. Even leaving me without internet

0 Likes

4x 4gb ram, are they from your intel system, did you check asus memory QVL?

Is your m2 drive new (clean) or swap in/cloned from other with intel data on it?

You should do any troubleshooting with one monitor only first.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
SilverTat
Adept I

Update:

tldr: Turns out one of my ram sticks went bad, most likely recently. Check your ram even though all instabilities point to the gpu going bad!

After reinstalling and formatting the system still wasnt stable. After a lot of continued trial and error i discovered that the instability was being caused by one of the ram sticks. Could probably get a new kit sent due to warranty, but i decided to buy new faster ones. 

System has been stable for the past two weeks; which is why im responding to the thread to mark this as resolved! 

0 Likes