cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Aylin
Journeyman III

TROUBLE CONNECTING MY SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB A (SM-T550) TO MY LAPTOP WITH A USB CABLE

Hi guys! I'm having major problems when I try to connect my Galaxy Tab A SM-T550 (gt510wifi) to my Asus Zenbook laptop (Win11) with an AMD processor (Ryzen 7 4000 series - Radeon). The tablet keeps getting connected and then disconnected again in an endless loop, and it's driving me totally crazy!! The tablet has no trouble with charging in any way, and the laptop can recognize and connect to it for a few seconds. Believe me, I've tried EVERYTHING... I've used different cables (one original), reset my tablet completely, deleted and reinstalled all of the USB (root hub 3) drivers and host controllers (and ADB + Google and Samsung USB drivers too), checked that everything is up to date, enabled and changed USB settings, and even changed device power and idle settings in Registry Editor.
I want to root my tablet, install a TWRP recovery and then a custom ROM on it, but it's basically impossible to do that without connecting to the PC. I cannot manage to OEM or FASTBOOT unlock the tablet without a PC. I have to flash it with Odin3 or root it with KingROOT using a PC. I've rooted my tablet many years ago and then unrooted and reinstalled the stock ROM back before. I remember having a similar issue back then right before reinstalling the stock ROM again, but the issue was gone after the reinstall. I really don't know how I managed to reinstall the stock ROM in that situation. I remember trying endless times...

I'm so close to throwing the d.mn thing right out the window soon! Has anyone had a similar issue and managed to solve it somehow? Or has anyone any other ideas for solving this issue? I'd be so grateful for all the help I can get!

Thanks, and have a great day! 

0 Likes
0 Replies