cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rusloom
Journeyman III

The sealant came out in a circle of the processor cover.

Hello! After assembling the PC and conducting stress tests, a sealant appeared around the processor cover. The AMD Ryzen 2600 processor, the cooler is not standard, but the Thermaltake Riing Silent 12 RGB Sync Edition. Tell me, is this normal? Or is it worth worrying about this? The PC has not yet been affected at all.

7 Replies

Personally I didn't see any sealant or paste coming out but it could just be the photo.

If the Sealant or Thermal Paste is coming out between the Processor and CPU Cooler heat sink that indicates you put too much Thermal paste on when you installed the CPU Cooler on the processor.  In this case, I would remove and thoroughly clean both the Processor and CPU Cooler Heat Sink plate with 92% alcohol and reapply the Thermal paste. All you need is a very small dab in the middle of the processor. Some people spread the thermal paste using a credit card to make it spread evenly or "paint"  the surface of the processor before installing the CPU Cooler.

If the sealant or paste is oozing out below the processor where is connects with the motherboard than you have something else wrong. In that case I would remove the Processor and find out where the sealant or paste is oozing from IF it isn't from the CPU Cooler heat sink.

0 Likes

At the expense of thermal paste, I did everything as you described. But this is definitely not thermal grease (it is white). And this is precisely the sealant (it is black), on which the lid is glued to the processor substrate. And I have concerns that the cooler strongly presses the processor.

It seems like the thermal paste or sealant inside the Processor came out for some reason.

I would open a Warranty Ticket with the Retailer and see if they will replace the processor. But if the Retailer's Warranty is expired then open an Online AMD Warranty Ticket and see if they suggest to RMA your processor from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

I would take photos of exactly where the thermal paste or sealant is oozing from the actual processors to AMD Warranty and post photos of the CPU Cooler Make & Model.

Good luck. This is the first time I hear of the Thermal paste inside a processor coming out. Hopefully, AMD won't say it was Customer Error by you installing the CPU Cooler to tightly and damaging the Processor.

0 Likes

Good point.

But the OP did mention that something is coming out from the processor lid. Either way the OP needs to open a Warranty Request to see if his processor needs to be replaced.

0 Likes

This shows that all that's under it is the "glue"that seals the IHS to the substrate.

0 Likes

I have never seen this issue. I would ask AMD support for advice:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form