cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

emurach
Journeyman III

The Ryzen9 7000 Series Processor. I like but I won't buy in to it. Design a let down in one area.

I like the processor.  I really do.   But that said.  It's a failure.  But to be be fare so is Intels.  And ,only AMD is in a position to fix the failure.

I would have bought a whole Ryzen9 Rig this Christmas for my brother and his kids.  But what rig to buy?

I looked at all the Motherboards.  I Asus Prime and Proart were my choices.  But all the boards are failures in my opinion and AMD made them that way.  Goes to basics.

There not enough PciE Lanes provided by the processor.  24+4 does not cut it.  Shared lanes doesn't cut, shared ports doesn't cut it.  Limited Ports doesn't cut.  Its all fancy words and pictures.  Pure fluff up with no substance. 

It's the whole package that wins here.

Now you don't have to have 128 PciE Lanes here.   64 will do.   I need the a Ryzen9 7950  with 64 Lanes and a motherboard design that fully uses it. 

The current Ryzen9 7950 is a beast but that beast limited.  It needs to fully connect to all the hardware. 

Guess see what the next gen Zen4 Threadripper does down the road.   

0 Likes
0 Replies