Processors

blathenberg
Adept I

Re: Temperatures too high on ryzen 5 3600

Hmm. I wonder what does that changes.

rodrox
Adept III

Also you could try and disable every PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) option in BIOS.

PBO is not the same as PB (Precision Boost) which is like Intels Turbo Boost. PB is alright, but PBO try to overclock your CPU and is not really working properly with many motherboards. Also from my personal testing and opinion and some known reviewers on youtube too, the performance win of having PBO is really not worth it for now.

Cheers

blathenberg
Adept I

Thanks for the advice. I bought noctua nh-u12s. Temps reduced significantly but valtages are still high. Maybe thats the way 3rd gen ryzen works.

0 Likes
rodrox
Adept III

Good to know, Im planing on getting a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 in a few months (I been actually planing on getting one the last 5 years ....), for now I will stay with the stock cooler till I save some money :-).

0 Likes
whyamd333
Adept II

There is a new bios that has come out in the last week if you want to try it. I just looked yesterday and asus had it for my motherboard this is to address Linux and Destiny 2 not working right but it could have other tweaks in it that might help volts and temps. I don't need it right now mine is running pretty good. It also seems every time I update the bios it makes it slower.

0 Likes