cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

adylan223
Journeyman III

TDC/EDC

So I'm curious, my TDC climbs to 80% and my PPT and EDC gets to 100% while I'm playing call of duty, my game will crash randomly and I'm unsure if the game crashing is related to those being so high. Is it normal for those to be so high or is something actually wrong?

I have a Ryzen 5 5600 6-Core Processor  

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

PPT/TDC/EDC are power limits that along with thermal limit restricts the frequency that Precision Boost will allow the processor to reach. The reason you're seeing the power limits in the red is because the R5 5600 is a 65W TDP chip, so the limits have been set purposefully low (76W/60A/90A) to keep TDP and temperature down.

As to the crashing, what CPU cooler are you using and what temperature is the CPU reaching when these crashes occur?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I think it will help too if you post your full system specs. Don't skip any.

Because at this time, theres a wide possibility.

Could be the Ram, unstable because of speed and timings.
Lack of proper cooling and judging for a 5600 non X you could be using the Wraith Stealth.
Not enough power, I don't know your graphics card.
Or a bad setting on the board pushing the CPU too much. Many boards actually do this, ASUS is one.

The fact you are seeing those values going up near 100% its normal if you are stressing the CPU, for example, so it means little without context.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

adylan223, these limits are set by the MB vendor to protect the VRM. I.E. they reflect the capacity of the VRM to supply current to the processor. John.

0 Likes