cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adept II
Adept II

Stuttering Ryzen 5 1600 GTX 1070

I have stuttering randomly in several games: Counter Strike Global Offensive, The Witcher 3, Wolfenstein II The New Colossus, Batman Arkham Knight, etc.

This is my PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2Cw6Mp 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core
CPU COOLER: ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme Fluid Dynamic Bearing
MOTHERBOARD: Asus TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING Micro ATX AM4
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
STORAGE: ADATA Ultimate SU650 120 GB 2.5" SSD
STORAGE: Toshiba 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM
VIDEO CARD: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Windforce OC
CASE: Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower
POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX
CASE FAN: Cougar Dual-X 64.37 CFM 120mm x2
CASE FAN: Corsair ML120 Pro 75 CFM 120mm x2

Here I posted the issue with Wolfenstein 2: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/330544/stuttering-on-new-orleans-sas-machine, also on Steam forums, but nobody reply me.

As I said in that post, I tried everything, clean Windows install, drivers, etc. even I want to sell my ram to buy a Samsung B-Die RAM sticks like Patriot Viper RGB 3200 MHz, guessing that the problem is about RAM compatibility, also I plan to upgrade to a Ryzen 3000 series in the future, and change my GTX 1070 to a GTX 1660 Ti, but I've watched gameplays videos with games like the Witcher 3 than runs smoothly with the same CPU and GPU than me, so I don't know what's happening. I built this PC more than 1 year ago. I planned seriously to switch an Intel platform and I don't want that.

I can't record Wolfenstein 2 gameplay because Nvidia GeForcce Experience and Game DVR don't work in that game, ridiculous.

I attach an example of this issue with a Crysis gameplay:

As you can see the stuttering in this game, it also happens randomly in other games, specially Counter Strike. My last option is change the RAMs for others with Samsung B-die, or sell everything and buy the upcoming X570 platform with an Ryzen 3000 and the G.Skill Trident Z Neo.

I reduced some stuttering not installing manually .Net Framework 3.5 with cmd commands, but the real problem is still there.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Stuttering Ryzen 5 1600 GTX 1070

soldiermxdeath, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image to your reply.  Try to catch a time when you are seeing stuttering.  If you have not performed a Clear CMOS using the user manual instructions, please do.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
Big Boss
Big Boss

Increase the video card power with MSI Afterburner

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I don't use Ryzen master, I overclock the CPU and RAM on BIOS, I already cleared CMOS, I tested games with stock settings and various OC settings, 3.7 GHz, 3.8 GHz, 0.10 or more CPU Voltage offset, 1.10/1.025 VCore soc Voltage, 2133 MHz on RAM or 2933 MHz / 3000 MHz, using official timings of my ram, custom timings with DRAM-Calculator-for-Ryzen-1.4.1, even I already tried another PSU (Evga 550 GD Gold) and it happens exactly in the same moment on Wolfenstein 2.

I'll install Ryzen Master only to show you what you requested me.

It reminds me a similar case from another user, he literally change almost every part of his PC and the issues still persist. I noticed vcore and soc droop on HWinfo, HWmonitor, using Load Line Calibration even gets worse, with CPU core up to 1.41 V during a few instances.

I changed the GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 for an Asus TUF B350M-Plus Gaming, I replaced the RAM Corsair LPX White kit for another one (due a RAM failure, they replaced them).

When I said I tried everything, I really said I TRIED EVERYTHING, I tried using Ryzen balanced plan/high performance, diferents values of OC on BIOS, tried diferent Windows version (April/October 2018 update), enabling/disabling background programas, install only the necessary drivers, OC with Ryzen master one year ago...

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I already DID IT, nothing works... Why other people can play without problems even with stock settings?

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Below you can see these high frame times, in this case with Counter Strike Global Offensive, but It happens too with any other game listed above. Only DOOM can run smoothly and any other game I don't remember right now.

pastedImage_1.jpgpastedImage_2.jpg

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

soldiermxdeath, RM shows Procesos simultáneos EN.  The icon is Green when ON and Red when OFF in English (my system).  How is your SMT set?  I have never seen it Yellow and do not know what it means. 

What Power Plan are you running?  Please issue this command in a Administrator Command prompt:

Powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

Then set your Power Plan to Ultimate Performance.  Please let me know if this helps.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

SMT is on auto on BIOS, I didn't turn it off, so I have the 12 threads of the CPU, as I said above, I'm using Ryzen balanced plan, in the past I already used Ultimate Performance plan. 

0 Kudos
Big Boss
Big Boss

Try using the default settings for the BIOS so that the memory is the most stable.

Also check for new drivers for the video card and chipset etc

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I already said above I tried that, played with stock settings, ALL is up to date...

0 Kudos