cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

aaaaaaaa12
Journeyman III

stuck in ftpm screen, no keyboard,, acer aspire 7 laptop.

So its been a good 3 months and Im still stuck on the ftpm screen because my main laptop keyboard is broken and wont work and ive been using a Bluetooth keyboard ever since.

1. Mind you that this is not the first time this happened, so I tried my solution that worked the last time which was using a wired keyboard to press Y , and unfortunately it didn't work. Ive also tried connecting my mouse but it also didn't  work. The only thing that was able to connect was my laptop cooler. 
  2. Right now, im guessing its because the wired keyboard i used is a new one since the keyboard i used last time was thrown away so i bought a new one; so basically i think it wont connect because it hasnt been connected (I only used it for the ftpm screen) before and its an unfamiliar device? Im starting to think that the problem is really with the usb port but my cooler connecting despite the circumstances says so otherwise so i really dont know. 

side note: I need this laptop for school and we dont have that much money to get it fixed so im really hoping if you guys could lend some help

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Exemplar

See if you can buy or borrow an older USB 2.0 keyboard from family or friends.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes