cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

HorrorManiaC
Journeyman III

Strange graphics artifacts on 7900x

Greetings, since yesterday I have this problem of strange graphic artifacts, I leave a screenshot:

https://prnt.sc/P8Y2Yw4xu7Ge

Sometimes, however, the internet pages are not loaded at all:

https://prnt.sc/ci-ZqEYswMwY

I did the following tests with no useful results:

* Disable graphics acceleration on the above browsers - the problem seems to get worse.

* Cleaning drivers with ddu and new clean install: No results.

*Formatted Win 11 and fresh install: No results.

* Formatted and tried Win 10: No results.

* Changed DP cable, tried with HDMI cable, changed output on video card: No results.

* I disconnected all the peripherals and fans, starting the system without frills or anything else, again no results.

* I also tried with a dedicated video card but the problem still occurs

* I changed the cables and tried both hdmi and dp

I also did tests with unigine and superposition without noticing anything strange in terms of temperatures or artifacts.

My config: *Cpu: Ryzen 7900x

*Aio: Rog Ryujin 360

*Mobo: Tuf Gaming x670e plus Wifi

*SSd: Aorus 7000s Gen 4 1 Tb -

*Ram: Kingstone fury Beast 64Gb ddr 5 6000mhz (4x16gb)

*Monitor: Rog 27" 2k 144hz

*Psu: Seasonic 1000w platinum

0 Likes
9 Replies
432hz
Adept II

1. Did you update your BIOS or chipset drivers recently?
  2. Have you tried disabling EXPO / XMP?
  3. Have you tried using only 1 or 2 sticks of RAM? AM5 often has problems with 4 sticks.
  4. Have you run a MemTest86 to validate your RAM is good? (This takes a few hours)

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes

Hi, thanks for the reply,

No bios update recently

yes have try ram test with and without expo and tried swap stick and 1 or 2 sticks

memtest I haven't tried it yet, I'll try it this evening... although my doubt is about the processor... is it possible that a faulty processor causes this kind of problem?

0 Likes

A bad CPU could cause artifacts (especially since this one has integrated graphics). My similar experience with artifacts has been related to bad RAM in the past.

A couple more questions:

1. Did you upgrade or change your PC hardware before the issue started? If your CPU cooler is on too tight, it can cause strange issues due to too much pressure on the socket / motherboard.
  2. When the internet pages fail to load, do all websites fail or just 1 specific site? If all pages from all sites fail to load, then it could be related to your PC hardware or internet connection. Otherwise, if just 1 page or 1 site fails to load, then it's most likely just that website is down.

0 Likes

No I have not changed any type of hardware in the PC, nor made any changes to any type of component.
I add this, the problem occurs both with the integrated video card of the 7900x and with the dedicated video card 7800xt

the internet pages are various... both facebook, instagram and other random sites... and the connection works even when the problem occurs, I tested with my cell phone and downloading a large file... everything works, but the pages it doesn't load them randomly
0 Likes

Ok, I would run MemTest86 to rule out faulty RAM.

Have any new motherboard BIOS or chipset drivers been released and possibly installed by Windows 11 and/or ASUS Amoury Crate? Trying to rule out software issues before moving on to hardware.

If MemTest86 comes back clean and no BIOS or chipset updates have been installed just prior to the issue starting, I'd suspect the CPU or mobo may be going bad.

0 Likes

I don't think there are software problems... we did every test by formatting the PC every time, even without doing any updates

0 Likes

armory crate also gives the same problem as internet pages

Screenshot_4.png

0 Likes

Run MemTest86 to rule out faulty RAM.

If MemTest86 comes back clean and no BIOS or chipset updates have been installed just prior to the issue starting, I'd suspect the CPU or mobo may be going bad.

0 Likes

Ram have passed memtest...

0 Likes