Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rafamart04
Newcomer

Something is wrong with the processor or graphic card

Hello

I have a really good pc with graphic card Nvidia Geforce Rtx 2060 and processor AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics. However in general the pc is really slow and when I play League of Legends the games runs at 40-60 fps. I have tried multiple things including: reinstalling graphic card driver, changing league of legends settings, runing as administrator and changing Nvidia Contol Painel settings multiple times. A friend of mine told me to check the CPU and it says it is around 100 porcent most of the time the "AMD RYZEN 7 4750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gvx", which suposely is really bad. 

It is really annoying since I haven't been able to playing and using the pc for the past two weeks and I am constantly trying to understand the problem but I see no improvment.

I hope someone can help me solve the problem

Thank you

Rafael Duarte

0 Likes
17 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Rafael, are you sure about your AMD processor model? AMD seems to know nothing about it. I assume this is a laptop. What make and model? Have you talked to the vendor? John.

0 Likes

Ryzen 4750H is a Renoir based APU with 8 cores, 45w TDP. Should be 7 graphics CU... which is decent, but don't expect AAA gaming on this compared to even an old RX470 dedicated graphics card. you also have an nvidia dedicated graphics card... its possible that your laptop is running the game on the integrated graphics instead of the Nvidia?

you can check in Task Manager performance tab, it should list both Nvidia + AMD GPUs and shows their utilization.

If the CPU is bottlenecked at 100 usage, try raising the resolution and lowering the quality within your game.

Thanks, kevin_folz. I am curious seems to know nothing about this processor. Is it really a Ryzen? John.

0 Likes

You have a Ryzen 7 3750H APU Processor with Vega IGPU.

0 Likes

Okay you seem to have a Laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 4750H APU processor with a Nvidia RTX 2060 GPU card Correct?

Looks like when you run games it is using your APU IGPU instead of your Nvidia GPU card. This setting should also be in your laptop Windows Settings.

Have you gone into Windows Settings - Graphics and selected your GPU card (High Performance setting) to run specific games?:

Screenshot 2024-07-24 151049.png

Also it is possible there might be a conflict between your AMD and Nvidia Graphic drivers. 

Since you have a laptop I highly suggest you go to your laptop Download page and update or install the following files:

1- BIOS to the latest laptop version

2- VGA driver for both AMD and NVIDIA

3- AMD CHIPSET drivers

4- Make sure your Windows OS is fully updated via Windows update.

You laptop Support drivers are 100% compatible with your laptop features. If the AMD Driver is very old then you can try and update one from AMD Download page but it will be similar to a BASIC Video driver and might not use all the graphic features from your laptop.

NOTE: I don't see any AMD APU Ryzen 7 4750H. The only APU that comes up with Vega IGPU is the Ryzen 7 3750H:https://www.amd.com/en/support/downloads/drivers.html/processors/ryzen/ryzen-3000-series/amd-ryzen-7...

To verify which AMD APU Processor your laptop is using can you post a GPU-Z image of your IGPU?

1 - How can I update my BIOS I looked online and doesn't seem simple.

2 - VGA driver for both AMD and NVIDIA if that means the driver corresponding to each model I have of Nvidia and AMD I already installed.

3- I have the Adrenalin Software: Adrenalin Edition. It is that what you mean?

I really dont know what you mean with a GPU-Z image of your IGPU.

Thank you

0 Likes

If you not familiar in updating your Laptop BIOS than you can skip that step for now or until you find someone that can do it for you safely.

If you are unfamiliar about updating BIOS DON'T DO IT you can brick your laptop from working.

Did you download the AMD and Nvidia laptop drivers from your laptop support site or directly from AMD and Nvidia Download pages?

It is best to first download and install the AMD & Nvidia laptop drivers from your laptop support download page which are 100% compatible.

You need to set the GPU in WINDOWS SETTING not in the Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Radeon Settings or in Device Manager.

No need from your previous reply I see you had an image of Window's Performance showing you have a Ryzen 7 3750H APU Processor.

But to verify download GPU-Z from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

At the bottom select your AMD Vega Integrated Graphics.

Your laptop AMD APU processor has a Integrated Graphics on it (IGPU) which is the Vega 10 IGPU.

0 Likes

I installed the drivers from the website of Nvidia and AMD, should I delete them and install from windows updates?

0 Likes

No don't install the AMD nor the Nvidia Drivers using Windows Update. Install the drivers from your laptop manufacturer's Support download page.

First go to your Laptop Support site for your Laptop Driver download page and download the AMD & Nvidia Laptop drivers and AMD CHIPSET drivers.

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove both the AMD and Nvidia drivers from your laptop: Wagnardsoft DDU Download 

Then install first your laptop AMD Driver than next your Laptop Nvidia driver from your Support download page.

Then install the AMD ChIpset drivers from your laptop download page.

EDIT: Can you post your Laptop exact Make & Model and possibly Serial number?

0 Likes

I send here the link and print from GPUZ app

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-vega-10-mobile.c3591

gpuz.gif

0 Likes

Great, seems like your AMD driver is installed correctly and working with all the correct boxes at the bottom being check marked.

But just for now install first your AMD Driver from your laptop download page same for Nvidia.

If the issue stays the same then you can update the driver using both AMD and Nvida drivers directly from AMD and Nvidia.

I see you have a Asus Laptop. Exact Make & Model please?

0 Likes

I wasn't able to us DDU app to uninstall so I removed manually. 

I send print of the model of the pc.

Do you know what is the support page with the drives? 

Thank you

Captura de ecrã 2024-07-24 224158.png

0 Likes

I clicked the file install and my pc doesn't let me do it. Do I just need to install the one with the red icon?

Captura de ecrã 2024-07-24 225734.png

0 Likes

Update I clicked the install button and ran as administrator, it showed the command page and then it closed so I guess it has downloaded

Captura de ecrã 2024-07-24 230911.png

0 Likes
rafamart04
Newcomer

Nice one I had selected the game but not the graphic card I wanted to use. 

I don't know if this is important, but it doesn't show display in NVIDIA control painel and the graphic card in display advanced settings is auto selected the AMD one.

Captura de ecrã 2024-07-24 203223.pngCaptura de ecrã 2024-07-24 211628.png

0 Likes