Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Marques
Adept II

Small freezes on Asus Rog strix AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX

Small freezes on Asus Rog strix AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX

i have one Asus Rog strix AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX RTX3060 16gb Ram. My pc has small freezes (for seconds) when playing games, watching videos or even listening to music.

I dont know what do or check more :c

I have my asus and i check all the uptades .

Someone can help me please? :C What to chek more (drivers, bios version..)

0 Likes
68 Replies
Marques
Adept II

Yes, it does. This is a really annoying situation. I told them myself that Lenovo had done a Bios update to help solve the problem (I think it disabled the TPM in the Bios) For people who use the same AMD processor as us.

Out of curiosity, I haven't found reports of people who have Intel complaining about the kind of things we report.

Hi Marques,

Some news about it?

TY

0 Likes
Marques
Adept II

Hello EduNM

I hope everything is alright.
The pc is still at the Asus repair center. But as soon as I have news, I'll come here to share.

0 Likes
Marques
Adept II

Hello EduNM

Asus contacted me today. They called me to say that unfortunately the pc will not be repaired. I was given two options. The first would be to return the money or the second to exchange the pc. The pc they are going to exchange will be a more current asus zephyrus as my rog strix, it will have a Ryzen 9 processor but the will be 6900 and the graphic will be the rtx 3070ti
I'll give them one more chance and opt for the switch.

But the truth is that I'm sad because I really liked the model of mine. Having all those lights... I thought the PC was really beautiful.

0 Likes

Yes... I have the same one and I am very happy with it.... I am starting to live with the freezes, hoping that someday they will do something about it.

Thanks for everything, any news I'll be around here reading.

0 Likes
Marques
Adept II

Hello EduNM

thank you for sharing these problems with me too.
Yes, I'll use this post again to keep you up to date.
Take care.

Marques
Adept II

hello Edunm
 I'm here again to say that sound and picture dragging is back. It's definitely a TPM issue. This processor even being the 6900Hs has the same problem. It is even an AMD incompatibility with Ftpm present in Windows 11. As long as Asus doesn't do like other brands and make an option in the Bios to resolve this, it will always happen.

0 Likes

Hello Guys, Same problem here. I've been looking for so long. I don't know what to do. Evene opening my laptop to code is a pain.

v0l53bn1k
Adept I

On windows 10, was the problem gone please ? 

Yes . it happens too. The "problem" must be reported to Asus. Im making a report with help from Asus Portugal to send to Asus Global explaning all this. Im hopping this make Asus wake up for this problem im make a Bios solving this like Lenovo did. 

it happen with all Amd processors and FTPM chip. 

0 Likes
EduNM
Adept II

It happens on both Windows 10 and 11. I've heard that on systems like Ubuntu it doesn't, but I don't know.
I insist, all of us who have problems with this should contact ASUS until they come up with a solution... we pay for something, not for a bug that does not depend on us at all. If we don't all complain... it won't help.

Do you think it can be related to the components or do you think it's software based ? 

0 Likes

totally agree To see, here in Portugal I was the only one to make a report... other people simply put the pc up for sale and don't say anything to Asus... That's why I showed several videos, I made some myself showing the problem , I showed this forum, I showed a statement from Amd itself acknowledging the problem, I also showed the reddit forum where we can find more people with the same problems as us. I implore here once again, report the problem to ASUS. only they can solve the problem. AMD has already acknowledged the problem... they can't do more than that.

racksleaf
Journeyman III

Thanks For Sharing This Information - Racksleaf

Marques
Adept II

Guys, I'm here to bring good news. I hope so.
ASUS has been in touch with me, I've been sending reports from my computer. Finally they recognized that this computer also has problems passing information to the TPM. (AMD processors) They will take this computer to be a repairman to verify that there is no hardware problem (there won't be) and so they can definitively report that there is a software problem and prepare a BIOS that allows you to disable the TPM. This was said over the phone by one of the ASUS technicians.
So I hope that soon we will be able to have our computers with a BIOS that will allow us not to have these annoying freezes again.

Fingers crossed that this will be the case! Thanks for your contribution in all this topic, if it is true that they will create this solution (if it is caused by the TPM), it could be said that you are "the precursor" of this update haha.

We look forward to hearing. BYE!

0 Likes
Marques
Adept II

hey guys.
Asus installed a BETA BIOS on my pc that disabled FTPM. I have been testing the pc for almost a month and so far no freezes have appeared.

What they explained to me is that we lost the bitlocker key and if we need to install windows 11 from scratch we will have to have another bios. Other than that everything works perfectly.
If you want to have the FTPM problem solved you have to individually do what I did. Report the situation with examples and videos and they will help.
Hope to help. What can help just say

Good morning!
And that version of the BIOS is not published? LOL
Is it still working fine?

Thanks!

0 Likes

hi @Marques 

I have G513QM and same problem freezing, from two weeks ago, and I tell to asus but asus did not do anything for me,

is it still working find? do you have any problem?

how can I access to that Beta bios?

HI, I apologize for only being able to respond now. I had a months-long "fight" with Asus to show the situation and they even exchanged my computer for another model. After all this time they recognized that there was a problem with the FTPM and the AMD processors. What was done in the PC, this last time Asus technicians installed a BETA BIOS that disabled FTPM on my computer. From what I understand they didn't make this Bios available to everyone. What you will have to is contact them and showing the situation. I had to record videos showing that this happened when playing games, watching videos on YouTube or even listening to music. Anything I'm here to help you with whatever you can. A big hug.
0 Likes

Hi @Marques 

I found solution from asus forum that helps me. Set the minimum fan speed to 2000 rpm solved my problem.

Install App G-Helper -> Fans+Power and the first point of fan's curve to 2000 rpm (don't forget click Apply Custom Fan Curve). This can probably be done through Armory Crate.

wow!! It's great to know that you can solve it! My computer had so much time with them and it was only after a few months that they recognized that my problem was FTPM. Good thing yours is a simpler problem. They discovered mine through some system reports from what I understand. After watching my videos demonstrating the problem and sending them reports from the computer, they did what I said above.
Until I saw my problem was solved.
All the best for you . A good year.

0 Likes
Marques
Adept II

Good morning Edunm, it's true. I told them exactly that. What they told me was that as I was one of the few who reported the problem to them (at least here in Portugal) what they did was report the problem to global Asus and possibly by their indication only those who reported this anomaly would be installed on their computers at BETA BIOS that disables FTPM.

Because I even mentioned this model of my other rog strix... But what they told me was that they only corrected those who reported the problem to them.

It's been working fine, it hasn't made the episode freeze.

I have an ASUS ROG Strix g15 2021 edition with etc 3070, and I have a feeling either my monthly pc resets have been causing freezing or the tpm is the real reason. I’m going crazy over this!

Marques
Adept II

Have you managed to communicate the problem to Asus yet?
Did they say anything about the problem?

0 Likes

Hello Marques,

It's been two weeks, apologies but the problem has returned. The reason I was silent was because the laptop was working again when i restored it. Now the problem has come back, and I have done everything, from bios update, to event viewer, checked by using display driver uninstaller,  and even tried the last resort, which was a clean reset of the PC AND deleting everything, cleaning the drive with windows. The issue is also affecting the lighting aura in my laptop that armory crate cannot affect the lighting system. The keyboard lights turn on at startup then shut off, and fresh wipe and reinstallation of armory crate doesn't fix it anymore. I have had to even go to the registry to add an override so the laptop doesn't freeze on startup or freezes on boot. The laptop has been having so many problems after factory resetting the laptop while keeping personal files, that the AMD driver issue that used to be a problem, became overwhelmed with a new unknown problem. I don't know if it's TPM or AMD drivers anymore, and my computer is in good condition, but the problems have persisted for the last two weeks that factory resetting the laptop freezes and I had to use a usb to reinstall windows and wipe my drives out. I don't know what is wrong.

It really makes me sad to know that you have these problems like I did.
As I said here in the comments, only after many months, after they changed my Rog strix mainboard, and even after they changed my computer for a Zephyrus, yes it also did the same thing... only after sending them videos , more case reports are that they recognized the problem and were able to replicate it. Said by them, only they can install the BIOS that disables FTPM. They said they only did this to those who reported the problem to them.
I'm here to help in any way I can

0 Likes
EduNM
Adept II

Hi,

I am writing after a while as suddenly, I suppose, an update of system/myasus/armoury crate, small freezes have become more frequent. Is there any solution available to everyone? I'm already despair about this.
Best regards and thanks.

0 Likes
Marques
Adept II

Good morning EduNM
I'm really sad to hear that you're still having problems with your computer.
I apologize for only being able to reply now.
As I said above, my "fight" lasted months with Asus to show them the situation and they even exchanged my computer for another model. A computer with superior features. After all this time they recognized that there was a problem with FTPM and AMD processors. Yes, because the new computer also crashed at first. It was only after many videos showing the problem, many hours of calls with them that they managed to replicate the problem in their facilities. Only then did they recognize that something wasn't right and that it was the FTPM. What was done on the PC, this last time the Asus technicians installed a BETA BIOS that disabled FTPM on my computer. As far as I know, they haven't made this BIOS available to everyone. What you need to do is contact them and show them the situation. I had to record videos as I said, showing that this was happening when I was playing games, watching videos on YouTube or even listening to music. I'm here to help in any way I can.
I reinforce the idea, they only install the BIOS that disables to those who present the problem to them directly and from what they told me only they "can" install the Bios. It must be to signal the situation and identify yet another problem.
Big hug and all the best

0 Likes