cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

klosz007
Adept I

Ryzen Optimized power plan sets itself as default and resets its settings to default

Hi,

I am having this issue ever since after I switched from Intel to AMD CPU recently (back to AMD after 8 years !).

In Windows 10, after each reboot, power plan switches itself to AMD Ryzen Balanced (from previously selected AMD Ryzen High Performance, which I prefer) and its settings are being reset to their default values too (especially, "Go to sleep after" switches from my preferred Never to default 2 hours).

How can I prevent this ?

Thanks,

Zbyszek

3 Replies
qbtheslayer
Challenger

You can try and reset things by opening Windows Powershell (Admin) and running "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes"

Reboot

Then re-install the latest chipset drivers

This may break any weird power settings that may inflicting your system

QB

0 Likes
klosz007
Adept I

After a lenghty research, I eventually found the culprit. It was ASUS AISuite 3 that was resetting power plan (and my customizations made to it) back to 'AMD Ryzen Balanced' after each reboot. Once I disabled automatic startup of AI Suite 3, the problem went away, it is staying at 'AMD Ryzen High Performance' now.

Those ASUS software suites are terrible. I make sure all that junk is uninstalled. Aura is installed, but it does nothing other than help with my RGB sync

QB

0 Likes