cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Veyton231
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master Tool Auto OC

I just installed my new Ryzen 7 5800x and I turned on the Ryzen master program and turned on auto OC and it wanted to me to do the core curve and so I did & I left it do it’s thing it said it would take 40 minutes or so and possible multiple restarts but after 2-3 minutes it shut down because of cpu high temperature. So when it started back up I started Ryzen master again and the cpu temp was around 48 degrees C but when it was doing the core curve stuff the cpu temp was around 85-95 degrees C. So I am not going to do the core curve setup is that normal for that to do that. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

If your CPU highest temp while playing games is 66c then your CPU Cooler is doing its job.

I agree I would just leave it as it is unless you see your temperatures go above 85c then I would start finding out why.

I find the TDP Rating of 120 Watts really low for a 240 MM Radiator AIO CPU Cooler. I bet it is much higher than that.

NOTE: Then using OCCT  CPU Test which puts 100% load on all cores will probably cause your CPU to overheat.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Sounds like you have a adequate CPU Cooler for regular use but under heavy loads or overclocking conditions it isn't powerful enough to keep your processor from overheating.

Your Ryzen 5800X has a TDP rating of 105 watts so you will need at least a 150 Watt or stronger CPU Cooler with possibly two fans in a Push-Pull configuration if using a Air CPU Cooler.

By your post it seems to indicate you need a stronger CPU Cooler for Ryzen Master to automatically overclock your processor.

The Maximum Operating Temperature of your Ryzen 5800X is 90c which means it will start to throttle or slow down once it reaches and surpasses 90c temperature.

Here is AMD Recommended updated CPU Coolers for the Ryzen Processors including the new 7000 Series processors: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/cpu-cooler-solution

Here is AMD recommended CPU Coolers for Ryzen processors rated at 105 watts like yours:

Screenshot 2023-06-24 210444.png

NOTE: Your Ryzen is unlocked for Overclocking.

0 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t explain I have a Corsair liquid cooler with a pump and a 240mm radiator for cooling so I think that should be adequate. I just looked & my cooler is 120watts so it should be good right. 

0 Likes

Is the 120 Watt the TDP Rating of your AIO Corsair CPU Cooler?

Make & Model of your Corsair CPU Cooler?

If it is then I suggest you get a stronger Liquid AIO CPU Cooler rated at 200 watts TDP or higher for overclocking your processor.

120 watt TDP rated CPU Cooler is fine for normal computer use but as you see when you overclock the processor it overheats because it isn't powerful enough to keep it below 90c.

If your CPU goes above 85c under heavy loads or stress than I suggest you get a stronger higher rated TDP CPU Cooler and you have :

1- Good airflow inside your PC case (remove side panel and see if temps are slightly lower)

2- AIO CPU Cooler is installed correctly and pump and Radiator Fan are all working correctly.

3- No clogged or partially clogged AIO CPU Cooler tubings.

Download OCCT Stress test and see how high your CPU Temperature gets under heavy stress. If it reaches 90c then suggest you get a strong AIO CPU Cooler.

Your AIO CPU Cooler should keep your processor from overheating (above 90c) while using OCCT or some other stress testing software. If it doesn't, like I mentioned before, you will need to upgrade your CPU Cooler to a stronger higher TDP Rated CPU Cooler.

0 Likes

Okay what happened was when I turned on the auto over clocking the cpu temp was 46-48c and then when I turned on all core core curve optimization the cpu temp went up to 80-90c. So after a reboot I turned off core curve optimization and then played my game on the highest settings level I could for 2-1/2 hours and the cpu temp never went any higher than 66c so I’m going to leave it alone and R/W it for now. 

0 Likes

If your CPU highest temp while playing games is 66c then your CPU Cooler is doing its job.

I agree I would just leave it as it is unless you see your temperatures go above 85c then I would start finding out why.

I find the TDP Rating of 120 Watts really low for a 240 MM Radiator AIO CPU Cooler. I bet it is much higher than that.

NOTE: Then using OCCT  CPU Test which puts 100% load on all cores will probably cause your CPU to overheat.

Jovi01
Journeyman III

Hey man, I did this too and out of curiosity as it didn’t exceed 95°C I left and after a few seconds the CPU load will go back down from 100% and your cpu will go back to your usual temps, it will continue to go up while the utility optimises the processor but it shouldn’t go ridiculously high again

0 Likes