cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Ryzen Master Curve Optimizer Boot Crash Loop - Can't Fix

I've built a new PC and ran the Ryzen Master application to do a per core curve optimisation.   I now find myself in a crash loop with Windows 11 where it can't auto repair.

Another person reported a similar (identical) problem here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/181jmz3/ryzen_master_caused_a_crash_loop/

My error codes are the same:
"kernel security check failed", "Kmode Exception Not Handled", "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL", "System Thread Exception not handled", "Page Fault in non paged area", "kernel Fault

I never made any changes in the BIOS, but I have tried to reset the CMOS and even remove the battery.   I've even tried using the BIOS to set a negative value for all cores, but this had made no difference.

I can't even boot into the my windows install USB key. 

I'm not impressed with Ryzen Master - I thought it would be the safest thing to use.

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

richardwatson, this is the first I have heard of this. You need to restore W11 to a date before you installed Ryzen Master (RM), or boot into safe mode and do a system restore before RM installation. It may be simpler and quicker to format your C: disk and install a fresh copy of RM. It MUST be DLed from AMD not your MB vendor. DL only BIOS from your MB vendor. Get all AMD drivers here. Did your system run OK before you installed RM? John.

EDIT: If you need more help, list all your parts.

I have managed to fix this by reflashing / restoring the BIOS and clearing out the RM settings.  

Before that I tried a few things including trying to boot into the Windows 11 install USB but that crashed immediately as well.  Reflashing the BIOS was the only thing left to try, but it as RM updates the BIOS it made sense. 

I may try it again?  I did download RM from AMD directly. 

AMD 7950XT | ASUS STRIX X670E-A | ASUS 7900XT | Corsair Dominator 2x16GB @7400 | Crucial 2TB PCIe 5.0 M.2 NVMe

0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

The default Ryzen Master setting behavior is to "Write CO offset to BIOS" enabled, and "Write PBO to BIOS" enabled. Which means if you apply a change to those settings in Ryzen Master, it will prompt you to reboot, and it will save those changes in BIOS.

Make sure to check your BIOS thoroughly as there are often two different menu selections where those settings can be found, Tweaker and under Settings, AMD Overclocking.

FunkZ_0-1718417368778.png

Tweaker.jpg

AMDoverclocking.jpg

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT

Hi, thank you  - I did manage to fix this by re-flashing the BIOS which removed the curve optimizer BIOS settings.  I couldn't see anywhere obvious in my Asus BIOS to clear them out manually? 

Once I had restored the BIOS, I could boot Windows and remove Ryzen Master.   I may try it again but I'm a little wary now!