cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ryzen 9 7950x xmp

hello to every one 

i have a ryzen 9 7950x with msi b650 tomahawk and kingston kf560c40bbk2-16 ram. i use the latest beta bios with agesa 1005c

when i enable xmp profile at 6000mhz i can see the vsoc voltage goes to 1,344v . 

i want to ask is it safe for the cpu ? should i lower it ?

thank you !

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The Auto value for SOC voltage as chosen by the motherboard will depend on the speed and capacity of the memory you are using. 1.35v is normal in this instance. You do not need to lower it and no further action is required. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes

That is correct, what was true for Zen 3 is not the same for Zen 4. 

Please do not worry, what you have described is fine. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
kheper
Adept II

According to the Kingston datasheet, the XMP profile #1 for DDR5-6000 is 1.35V - by factory default. 

https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KF560C40BBK2-32.pdf

XMP Profile #1: DDR5-6000 CL40-40-40 @1.35V

No need to lower the voltage.

Ryzen 5 Pro 4650g, ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac, 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz, SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500GB, Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850W

I am talking about vsoc . vsoc is the memory controler voltage that is in the cpu.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

You can go to VSoC voltage and enable Offset mode to minus 0.1

Do some benchmarks and validate stability. If it runs fine, even better. 

And while doing so, maybe Offset minus 0.1 on VCore to help with temperatures, maybe. 

If you have 64gb, the VSoC auto may push voltage higher to keep it stable. Not sure. 

Good luck 

The Englishman

I will do offset but i am curious if that high vsoc voltage is approved by amd or motherboard vendors to achieve higer ram frequency dont care about the life of cpu and apply voltages that can harm an expensive procesor .

Thank you 

0 Likes

I ran at max 1.3 and no more, I feel thats too much. Had manual 1.2 and now positive Offset to keep me stable.

Ive read around that 1.3 is "kinda" ok'ish and 1.4 is for extreme situations only.

Do you have it on Auto, right? 

The Englishman
0 Likes

yes auto,  for 5600mhz gives me 1,3vsoc and for 6000mhz gives me 1,344vsoc . i run 6000mhz with 1,3 setting it manually.

0 Likes

Just as I imagined, its bumping up voltage to keep the IMC stable.

Well, try the undervolting option, if its stable, its a win.

The Englishman
0 Likes

i am running mem test for 4 hours 0 errors with 6000mhz and 1,250 vsoc. i think it is stable . i redused max cpu temp to 90 degrees . next step is to reduse vsoc to 1,2v . 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The Auto value for SOC voltage as chosen by the motherboard will depend on the speed and capacity of the memory you are using. 1.35v is normal in this instance. You do not need to lower it and no further action is required. 

0 Likes

thank you for your reply

my only concern is not cause any damage or degradation to the cpu in long term 

i opened that thread because i remember from zen3 that 1,2 vsoc is the absolute sefe high for the memory controler of the cpu 

from your reply i asume that this have changed with new zen4 cpus

0 Likes

That is correct, what was true for Zen 3 is not the same for Zen 4. 

Please do not worry, what you have described is fine. 

Thank you very much i really appreciate your answer

Have a nice day !!