cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hexaae
Adept II

Ryzen 9 7945HX random reboots

Brand new ROG Strix SCAR 17 (2023) - G733PZ (Ryzen 9 7945HX + NVidia 4080 12GB...)

I have strange random reboots while doing nothing special at the desktop (thus using internal APU 610M). I tried different AMD Adrenalin drivers but nothing really solved random reboots at the desktop as in these videos:

1 (riavvio improvviso).mp4

20230413_024636 (riavvio dopo reset di fabbrica).mp4 

I've read in the past some other Ryzen CPU+APU based laptops had this issue... Can it be a faulty CPU?

3 Replies
hexaae
Adept II

NOTICE: it might be simply a faulty unit. Will keep you informed if I can have a laptop replacement.

0 Likes

I’m having similar trouble with my brand new ROG Strix SCAR 17 (2023) - G733PY (Ryzen 9 7945HX + NVidia 4090 16GB...).

Did you resolve your issues?

I read elsewhere about random restarts associated with Armoury Crate automatically changing power modes at times and thus frequency changes to chip may be causing trouble with AMD drivers detecting that something is unstable with chip and then restarts. Not sure but was going to possibly turn off Armoury Crate (and double check various driver versions are up to date) to see if stability improves..

0 Likes

Unfortunately I never found a solution and got a refund

You can try without Armoury Crate but I doubt it was a software issue (BSOD or other errors expected in this case, not sudden reboots IMHO). On the Net I've seen in the past other AMD CPUs had this issue, so it's probably a batch of faulty CPUs (or their internal faulty APU).

Some users say that reinstalling a clean Win11 (not from the ASUS laptop image!) this and other issues disappear, but again, I'm skeptical... and you need to install some ASUS drivers anyway so...

Please, follow the ASUS thread for more replies, as AMD forum is deserted: Re: Issues with new laptop Strix Scar 17 2023 (R9 ... - Pagina 10 - Republic of Gamers Forum - 92147... 

0 Likes