Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DrSnowTech
Adept I

Ryzen 9 7900X not booting on Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Ryzen 9 7900X and Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX, but after assembly it does not pass the EZ DEBUG LED. where the CPU led stays on after each restart. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks for your help

Computer Configuration

Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX, Ryzen 9 7900X, Galax RTX 4070Ti 12GB,  XPG Lancer, RGB,32GB(2x16GB) 6000MHz,CL40 - AX5U6000C4016G-DCLARBK,  MasterLiquid PL360 FLUX - CoolerMaster,  Tuf Gamming GT502, XPG Core Reactor 850W, NMVe kingston KC3000, 

0 Likes
4 Solutions
FunkZ
Paragon

First verify that the CPU is physically installed in the socket with the correct orientation and the heatsink is firmly seated on the CPU with good thermal paste pattern.

The Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX has a Q-Flash option to flash the BIOS without a working CPU or memory. Follow the instructions in the manual or search online, essentially you download the latest BIOS to a USB drive and insert in the USB slot marked BIOS then press the Q-Flash button.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

View solution in original post

What is the EZ DEBUG Code that is showing when the CPU light is lit?

Let see if the issue is with your CPU or Motherboard.

Disconnect all the hardware connected to your Motherboard EXCEPT PSU, CPU, and Windows Drive.

Now we will let BIOS check to see if your CPU is the problem or not.

With just the PSU, Motherboard, & CPU installed power up and see if the CPU light goes on and turns off and the RAM light goes on.

If it stays on the CPU Trouble light then it is an issue with your Motherboard or Processor. IF the CPU light turns off install one stick of RAM and see if the CPU and RAM lights turn on then off and the GPU light comes on or it starts to boot into Windows since you probably have a IGPU. You can connect your Monitor before installing the one Stick of RAM to your Motherboard's Video output if you don't have a GPU card installed. If boots into Windows then you can install your Nvidia GPU card and connect your Monitor to your GPU card and see if it continue to boot into Windows.

by the way your Adata RAM Memory is listed but doesn't support EXPO only XMP mode:

Screenshot 2024-01-24 164003.png

Angeluk
Challenger

@DrSnowTech Try what @elstaci told you, disconnect GPU hdmi/port cabling and try to boot with builtin gpu only. It might be your gpu faulty. i doubt that you can install the CPU orientated wrong, so i guess its either your gpu, psu, or cabling issue. BTW you dont need to throw your money on water cooling, i run mine 7900x on a budget 30$ dual fan fan and its great... my PSU is 750 watts platinum,combined with 6800xt, so your 850 watts psu must be totally fine. just recently my gpu was faulty and my MB was beeping 5 times, you can check on google what the beeping means.

Ola,

obrigado pela sua ajuda que me alertou para o fator incompatibilidade EXPO.
Se eu desligasse o computador e novamente o ligasse pressionando o botão ele voltava a funcionar. com a ajuda de todos aqui descobri que o problema é que a placa mae (gigabyte aorus elite ax) não aceita frequencias altas, e após muitos testes encontrei um timming aceitavel e agora o computador funciona perfeitamente.

muito obrigado pela sua ajuda

10 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

First verify that the CPU is physically installed in the socket with the correct orientation and the heatsink is firmly seated on the CPU with good thermal paste pattern.

The Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX has a Q-Flash option to flash the BIOS without a working CPU or memory. Follow the instructions in the manual or search online, essentially you download the latest BIOS to a USB drive and insert in the USB slot marked BIOS then press the Q-Flash button.

Thanks for your help,

but I've done all these steps again ... but the problem is that sometimes the system loads but if I restart the CPU EZ DEBUG led comes back on and I have to keep trying again until it gets past this problem

0 Likes

Ok, initially you stated that "after assembly it does not pass the EZ DEBUG LED. where the CPU led stays on after each restart" but now you state "sometimes the system loads but if I restart the CPU EZ DEBUG led comes back on and I have to keep trying again until it gets past this problem".

Are there any other details you may be leaving out or troubleshooting steps you have taken to this point that would be helpful in determining root cause?

0 Likes

Hello, I would like to say that maybe I did not express myself correctly, I redid all recommended steps, but continued presenting the problem, which only occurred when a restart was made after any update (system, drivers, etc.) the EZ DEBUG LED looked like the image below:

timming and frequencies hightimming and frequencies high

5b891a10-cbc4-4550-8e05-05264add478c.jpg

If I turned off the computer and turned it on again by pressing the boot it would work again. But I could not stay in this situation... and after much research and with the help of all here I discovered that the problem is that the motherboard (Gigabyte aorus elite Ax) does not accept high frequencies, and after many tests I found an acceptable timming and now the computer works perfectly.

thank you very much for your help

0 Likes

What is the EZ DEBUG Code that is showing when the CPU light is lit?

Let see if the issue is with your CPU or Motherboard.

Disconnect all the hardware connected to your Motherboard EXCEPT PSU, CPU, and Windows Drive.

Now we will let BIOS check to see if your CPU is the problem or not.

With just the PSU, Motherboard, & CPU installed power up and see if the CPU light goes on and turns off and the RAM light goes on.

If it stays on the CPU Trouble light then it is an issue with your Motherboard or Processor. IF the CPU light turns off install one stick of RAM and see if the CPU and RAM lights turn on then off and the GPU light comes on or it starts to boot into Windows since you probably have a IGPU. You can connect your Monitor before installing the one Stick of RAM to your Motherboard's Video output if you don't have a GPU card installed. If boots into Windows then you can install your Nvidia GPU card and connect your Monitor to your GPU card and see if it continue to boot into Windows.

by the way your Adata RAM Memory is listed but doesn't support EXPO only XMP mode:

Screenshot 2024-01-24 164003.png

Ola,

obrigado pela sua ajuda que me alertou para o fator incompatibilidade EXPO.
Se eu desligasse o computador e novamente o ligasse pressionando o botão ele voltava a funcionar. com a ajuda de todos aqui descobri que o problema é que a placa mae (gigabyte aorus elite ax) não aceita frequencias altas, e após muitos testes encontrei um timming aceitavel e agora o computador funciona perfeitamente.

muito obrigado pela sua ajuda

Angeluk
Challenger

@DrSnowTech Try what @elstaci told you, disconnect GPU hdmi/port cabling and try to boot with builtin gpu only. It might be your gpu faulty. i doubt that you can install the CPU orientated wrong, so i guess its either your gpu, psu, or cabling issue. BTW you dont need to throw your money on water cooling, i run mine 7900x on a budget 30$ dual fan fan and its great... my PSU is 750 watts platinum,combined with 6800xt, so your 850 watts psu must be totally fine. just recently my gpu was faulty and my MB was beeping 5 times, you can check on google what the beeping means.

Hello,

Thanks for your help I found that the problem is that the motherboard (Gigabyte aorus elite Ax) does not accept high frequencies, and after many tests I found an acceptable timming and now the computer works perfectly.

thank you very much for your help

That is great you managed to troubleshoot this, i was using gigabyte for about 10 years, now i switched to Asrock and i dont have any problems

0 Likes
Bertrand
Journeyman III

HI!

I have a somewhat similar problem with the smae MOBO and same CPU.  I assembled everything ans it worked for about 1 week.  Now, I does not even boot to the BIOS.  The fans are working, but nothing else.

0 Likes