cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

raymondcello
Journeyman III

ryzen 9 7900/7950x shut offs while gaming, replaced whole computer so far.

i currently have a ryzen 9 7900x, asus x670e hero, 2 tb samsung, 6950xt, and an evga 1600w psu.

all of these parts are new and have been changed since these issues have started in effort to solve this issue. while gaming, the pc just shuts off without warning, just black screen and then pc gives up. i have tried nearly every test, every solution. all tests come back fine, only while gaming does it kill it. 

ive fresh installed windows, eliminated all drives, reseated everything, monitored temps, tried bios settings, even asus is giving up. i do not know why my pc is just shutting off like this. the cpu is fresh from 7950 before, new mb, psu, the only thing i havent changed was the graphics card, which i cant imagine would cause a shutdown like this.

some kind of help to keep my computer from crashing so i can go for more than 20 minutes would be appreciated.

6 Replies
G1n
Adept III

Did you check event viewer to check error that matches the time of the shutdown? If you could share that would help. You could swap VGA if u have some old one you that you could use just to make sure it is not the one to blame.

0 Likes

I looked in event viewer and there's a 6008 error but won't explain what caused it. 

0 Likes

raymondcello, we need a lot more information about system-like CPU cooler, Windows version (winver in a command prompt), etc. and please post screenshots of Ryzen Master (RM) in both Basic and Advanced modes. Also post the details of errors in Event log. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Could you post a SS of your event viewer wit the ERROR tab on the left selected?

0 Likes
223hpyhooker
Journeyman III

Hello I have a completely different system and a 6700xt, but was curious if this was game specific. I am having the black screen with Fortnite and have done multiple tests as well and changes and drivers to no help. Even a fresh install of windows 11. Sorry I don’t have an answer.  

0 Likes

223hpyhooker, give us a lot more information about your system, then we'll take a look. See my request above to the OP. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes