Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

patrickbaltieri
Journeyman III

RYZEN 9 5900X - SQL Incompatibility and network crash

Hello,

I have a Ryzen 9 5900X processor, that I tested in two motherboards (msi mag x570 tomahawk wifi and asrock x570s pg riptide), and with windows 10 and 11 new installations, without nothing installed besides drivers and updates.

In both motheboard and windows, after 3 or 4 hours of usage, the windows 10 or 11 loses the internet connection, and only restarts solves the problem.

The issue that I experienced is that I could not install aplications that runs with SQL Server, nomatter version of SQL.

I was thinking that the problem was motherboard or any other peripheral, but yesterday I tested this processor in a machine completely diferent, and those problems occurs.

To try identify if the problem was the processor, in the machine with MSI motherboard, I installed a new processor a Ryzen 5 5600G... and "voilà", the problem with network and SQL database did not appears again.

I beleve the problem is any kind of software incompatibility with this processor... Anyone had any problem like that?

Regards.

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

patrickbaltieri, here is the Warranty service site. I would like to know what you mean by "...I could not install applications that runs with SQL...". Post a screenshot and or Event Viewer Details. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes