cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

texasnightowl
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 9 3900x Different Temp and Temp Jumping

Good point.  Since the water will keep the CPU chip cooler for any speed of fan then you could probably set the AIO cooler fans to a fixed speed for 40 to 80 degrees C.  Then let the pump speed vary with the CPU temperature spikes because the pump is likely near silent anyway.

0 Likes
adomas
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have almost identical setup like texasnightowl and the same problem. I use Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard and AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT CPU. Can it be that this is caused by some problem in the motherboard? I know people who has Ryzen 9 3900X and they don't experience such issue. Can it be CPU defect as I have non-X but XT version?

By the way it's my 1st AMD CPU since Pentium III (I was always Intel user) and this experience made me upset... I hope I can solve this in someway

0 Likes
hammarlund
Journeyman III

I have a Ryzen 9 3900x and Aorus Master board. With default bios settings my cpu fan would also cycle loudly. I changed the Smart Fan setting for the fan to PWM and the cycling was resolved. I still have idle temps around 65C running BOINC at 50% cpu useage though. I disabled the cpu Boost in bios and now run in the mid-40s still running BOINC. Temps concerned me because I run BOINC 24/7. Going to check thermal paste and reinstall Prism cooler to make sure that is not a problem.

0 Likes
archee
Journeyman III

I have a Ryzen 9 3900x and ROG STRIX b450-F Gaming Motherboard 

And my temp jumped 38c to 68c In 1 sec idle and 49c 51c to 72c 80c + gaming 

what i did for a temp fix is uninstall G HUB :/ and now my temp is

31c to 41 idle 56c to 67c gaming 

0 Likes
twerkthatboot
Adept II

Hi there,

just made a post regarding the same, will be copy pasting.

Hi,

I know the issue you're facing and have a better way to understand the same.

We all have established that Ryzen 3000 series processor have a tendency to incur 8-10C temp jumps on idle which you would be able to spot with MSI afterburner or HWinfo or even with just your motherboard debug led panel(displaying temps obviously). But Ryzen Master would show a constant cool 40C or so with no jumping around.

So the things is, that these new processors do jump to the temps you're seeing in all of these programs! NONE of them are wrong.

These programs just have a different method of displaying the information to the user.

Ryzen 3000 processors hit these high temps that these programs show but they do it for milliseconds on ONE or TWO cores at a given time. Now the issue comes in the displaying of the said information back to the user in all of these programs. These programs tend to update the information every 1 second (1000ms) or so. So essentially, by the time the user receives the information by the program, it's invalid. You can however use HWinfo and go to the settings tab and reduce the latency of the information updated on the screen to 50ms which in turn would update the temps much quicker but still not to the real-time point. You will then be able to take notice of how quickly a single core heats up, consumes voltage and cools off

Hope this helps.

0 Likes